Moorcroft and Orange Mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was unable to pay a bill with orange mobile, who then sold the debt on to moorcroft, moorcroft have added like £200 worth of charges + the orange charges, and are constantly ringing the house maybe up to 5 times a day, even on weekends and up until 9pm.

Is there sum kind of letter i can send them, the charges seem to be unlawful!

thanks

How about a more amusing idea. Don't write to them. Start recording the calls. Answer them and make it clear that you don't want to be called and that you want your number removed from their list.

Keep on recoridng all the calls and logging everything.

When you have got a few weeks worth, then begin a very serious complaint.

We will help you and I have no doubt that you will be able to compensation for it.

You can get a cheap call recorder from Maplins but we recommend the TrueCall whcih you can get through us at cost price - which means about 20% discount. It is the Rolls Royce of call recorders. Pricey but your compensation payment will pay for it easily and you will be able to go on to deal with all similar problems in the future.

You do not have to give warnings that you are recording the call.

Call recording is the only completely effective weapon against this kind of thing.

Hi postggj (and excuse me matboo for cutting in) but if you have time postggj please have a look at the latest developments on my case with WF (I'm on Legal Issues). Thanks very much and apologies again matboo! Actually, there is a brilliant letter you may need to send which I copied from one of the posts on here once in case I ever need it! I'll paste it below:

Dear xxxx

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully, __________________

I have no idea, this is whats is annoying there adding alsorts of charges, is there a letter i can send similar to a cca thing?

please help!!

quick question

as this s a mobile bill moorcroft are chasing

mobile bills are not covered by the cca

so how can moorcroft add interest or charges