• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

bump69 v LBL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i got a £2250 loan with logbook loans now having to repay £7206.72................

im a single mam with 2 kids on benefits and although i know its my fault 4 taking loan out on my car, im in bits.

Got numerous letters from them saying repo were coming and charges were added, i paid lbl through my bank and as it takes 4 days to clear into there account aparently so i paid the full amount owed, Repo men were summoned and a month later they turned up at my door asking for my keys,LBL had not spoke to the repo men 4 3 weeks to let them know that the account was on hold whilst payment was going through.... i was reluctant to let them take my pride & joy, as i had paid lbl and had to ring them the next morning to make sure payment had gone through, they turned up and i was on my own ,heavily pregnant & with my other baby...,threatening me to hand keys over or they would smash the windows. As it was 9pm and lbl office was shut they wouldnt take no for a answer and i had no choice but to hand keys over, had 2 ring lbl 8am next morning to see what i could do, but as i had already paid the £ owed did they stil have the right to take my car just because LBL didnt speak to the repo men 4 3weeks 2 let them know what was happening? Im going to ring police aswell as take it to the papers and if it means i have to take them to court i will....... will learn by my mistakes and never never never deal with any1 or any thing like this again, made my life a total misery.....

I've moved your post to your own thread bump69.

What, if any, action have you taken since the car was taken, and what kind of responses have you had?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

mobile money and lbl get you to sign a bill of sale when they lend you money...however this bill of sale has to be made legal and be registered within 7 days of you signing it. Write to them immediately and tell them you want the information of wich court they used for your bill of sale then check the dates sometimes they have not done this in wich case go and take your car back.

Also no certificated bailiff would reposess a car from a heavily pregnant woman..i know they can be tough but certificated bailiffs are careful not to cross the line. I therefore be inclined to believe that the bailiffs they used were not certificated and not authorised to carry out this kind of work.M.M. use bailiffs that are quite happy to push you around at your own front door. I have personally experienced this...unfortuneately for the so called bailiff who tried this i am from South Africa and we push back so the poor guy quickly rang the police for protection...he was still sent packing tho.. any how back to you...if the bailiffs were not certificated then they were not entitled to be in posession of any of your details of any matter between you and the lender as this contravenes the data protection act. But you need to do something about it go to the police and lay an official complaint that they removed your car under false pretences and used threats to coerce you to hand over your keys. Also tell the police that you suspect they were unauthorised bailiffs using mock court papers and you want the matter investigated as you feel they have contravened the data protection act....go for it..

You lot are giving the WRONG INFO and ADVICE to this MEMBER!

STOP IT!, THINK ABOUT IT, RESEARCH YOUR ANSWERS

IF IN DOUBT

SEEK ASSISTANCE OF QUALIFIED MEMBERS.

Bump, call LBL, ask to speak to GINTARE she is the manager that deals with these problems, you WILL be compensated, subject to everything being ok, and from what you have said it sounds ok.

Try not to talk to any other staff member.

Let us know how you get on,

I don't like the idea of having to start looking thru the paper work for a way out of the deal, etc, solve it as suggested, if they become stupid and uneconnomical to deal with then get the magnifying glass and look for holes in the paper work.

REMEMBER : This SITE so as to keep its REPUTATION does not advocate DEBT AVOIDANCE

AND for the LAST TIME.........in fact see the advice for member wearecarless

Site TEAM : - Should I just write a Long Advice Piece for LBL suffers so as to avoid bad advice?

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Oh Boy clearly has a vastly differing experience of these companies to anyone else.

Of course the first port of call should be to attempt to resolve matters with the company concerned, but as many have found there are not just little holes in their paperwork and policies but glaring issues.

The main problem (other then general conduct) is the abuse of the Bills Of Sale Act and subsequent ignorance of those laws by all concerned. Contrary to what Oh Boy or anyone else may like to think, it is my opinion these companies base their whole business plan upon this ignorance as well as (naturally) the widescale abuse of the fine line between criminal and civil law.

My basic advice is avoid these companies like the plague, but my basic advice for those already involved is 1) protect your vehicle by putting it somewhere safe whilst the dispute is resolved or investigated and 2) seek legal advice from a Civil Litigation solicitor.

I see nothing wrong with this basic advice.

I have never heard of "Gintare", as far as I am aware all problems at LBL have been dealt with by either Paul Foster or Barry Pilgrim

Oh boy ....i respect the fact that you dont like getting out a magnifying glass to check contracts and parer work however the sheer volume of the disgusting behaviour by lbl and mm would suggest members need to talk to each other and share their experiences and knowledge. Why should bump go and phone anyone..in the first instance it is illegal for a bailiff to distress a heavilly pregnant woman..ask any certificated bailiff..this is sound factual advice that could help other members too. You seem desperate for bump to contact whoever at lbl to quietly sort the problem out. Why?????? if enough of us make a noise against criminal action and rough trading who knows we may suceed. as for advocating debt avoidance i suggest you also do some research ....bump HAS PAID!!! been harassed and attaked by bullies whilst being pregnant!! i think the integrity of this site and members remains.

thanks for all your advice & help, been a week nearly now and still no car back on my drive............ Payment has gone through and they still insisting they have 2 wait 7days before they can return the car to me. told them that i have hospital app to attended but they rnt bothered. I ring them everyday and they put me through to reposessions, giving me the same crap everyday each time i ring. I have tried to be as civilised as i can with them but cant take any more. I speak 2 3 different people in that department and they are always misrable, speak down to me and dam rite nasty.. My little boy is petrified everytime sum1 knocks at the door on a night now thinking its them men coming back and i think that is totally bang outa order.

Im ringing police today to see what they can do and putting a form in at court , asked for bill of sale and payment sheet so i can see what they have added on interest, charges etc

thanx

And bump, when you get your car back and your statement of charges, etc, you can then claim them back!!

Best wishes, hope you are well and bump is behaving xx

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: