Sky & failed Direct Debit

Fortwilliam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Sky tried to take a direct debit payment from my bank on 5 Jan but I had not enough funds! OK Christmas was tight this year!!. They sent me a letter with a payment slip. I paid this on 13 Jan.

Now I have been billed by my bank - £30 for the failed payment, OK. BUT I have also been billed another £30 by the bank for a failed payment when Sky tried to take the payment again on 17 Jan four day after it was paid.

Customer services said they request a further payment 2 days after a failed payment and that can take 10 days to go through.

Said it was up to me to cancel the direct debit for the second payment.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

if a dd for sky fails they then resubmit for payment 14 days from when the original payment is due. Sky cannot amend any dd within 14 days of the payment due date so even though you paid the amount they still appy for it and you could have only stopped it at the banks end.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

To the moral of the story is.....?

Don't rely on the Direct Debit system. It is NOT your friend, and will cost you your sanity. Giving someone a DD is like leaving your keys to your house on a hook beside the letterbox. Anyone can empty it at a moments notice on their whim.

It's NOT worth the hassle.