Ripple road Flyover Illegal U-Turn PCNs have all been revoked

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a general Announcement:

Recently (December 2008 and January 2009). The London Borough of Barking and Dagenham began issuing PCNs issued from images supplied by a mobile CCTV car, for "illegal" U-Turns coming off the Ripple road Flyover (over the train tracks) (map) into the side road extension to Ripple road. I received two PCNs and most people that I have spoken to who drive on my road and the immediate vicinity have been "caught"also. This has undoubtedly caused an uproar as the residents of the side streets off the flyover cannot get into or out of our streets without carrying out the manouver at least once. Many of us saw ourselves as sitting ducks and the amount of time it takes to apeal each PCN was a drain on our time.

I have successfully apealed these PCN's. In the letter back from LBBD, they have stated that the Penalty charge Notice has been revoked and gave a number 0208 227 3396 to request a refund for any that have been paid quoting the PCN number.

Their letter states:

"Due to an extremely high volume of penalties being issued in Ripple road at the area of the flyover and adjacent slip roads, these penalties became a priority discussion point for senior management and local ward members.

A review of this area is being carried out to ascertain whether or not there could be clearer signage to notify drivers that a U-Turn is prohibited."

Speaking to other residents in the area, it seems anyone else who has received and paid these PCNs can ring up for a refund also.