Welcome Finance- Major problem!

ElMarinero
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, please don't get yourself so upset about that lot!! You should write to the Welcome head office asking for an up to date statement. Send the letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy together with the proof pf posting.

Don't deal with the branch - they'll be absolutely hopeless. They will have tried to put pressure on you tonight as this is the last week of the month and they need to hit their targets. Next time they phone, just say you will only deal with them in writing and put the phone down.

They can't take your car back without a court order - and you should definately not pay anything until you find out what the statement says. If you need help with a letter please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you.

Ell-enn.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks very much.

So it's a case of waiting for that statement to arrive.

Well the guy was pushing for me to get the Direct debit up and running.

He said that if I didn't do it now, they would levy further charges and interest onto the account and the account would get passed on and we would be subject to legal action/reposession.

I was adamant I was paying nothing until I saw the statement, he said the statement was coming and that I should continue paying in the meantime to avoid this action being taken against me.

He wants me to phone and make another monthly payment by debit card by the end of the week!!!!!!! The cheek!!!!!

I think they will phone and phone and phone- adding charges on every time and they may send someone out to visit me at home as they have done this in the past and this costs £25 a time in charges.

Are these charges unfair and can I take them to court for it?

He is adamant they are fair and square because we signed the contract.

Are they unfair? Truly?

Also, in not sending out a statement for 3 years, have they breached consumer law?

Have they breached it also when they didn't send a statement of account out when I asked for it 3 times? In my eyes this is 'witholding information'.

I need to know my legal rights before I send out a letter to them.

I'm very good at letters- I just need to know my rights first before I go in guns blazing.

I work all through the week and so does my husband so getting time to see someone at CAB is going to be difficult.

Do you think I have a case and do you think they have breached consumer law?

Thanks

Ok guys- the statement arrived!

I am absolutely lost for words!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no wonder they didn't send statements in the whole 3 year term, it is absolutely swarming with all kinds of charges I cannot understand.

There are 'Ad hoc' fees everywhere (what the hell are they?), there are the late payment/returned DD/Letters/phonecalls charges and there is also 'fee assesment charges' 'HDPI fees' and one HELL of a lot of capitalisation!

These fees change and vary all the time- doubling and trebling!

When we signed the contract it said we would pay £5 per telephone call and letter- yet these idiots have made increases all over the place!

Without notifying us!

After the big arguement with welcome on the phone last night, the sneaky ****'s have sent out 3 letters today notifying us that their charges ahve increased to £25 a time! They did that to cover their ar*es, but the contract was up on 21st Feb this month and the letters I got today were dated 23rd Feb- AFTER the end of the contract date.

So they think they have covered their backsides, but they haven't!

I have just got off the phone to trading standards and have been asked to forward photocopies of the statement and the contract.

So fingers crossed for me!

In the meantime I have sent my letter to Welcome telling them they aren't getting another dime until this dispute is resolved and if there is anything oweing fair and square, we'll pay it etc.

Another thing-The total balance paying at the start was £8133.12 but throughout the term of the contract they have added monthly interest onto the balance- sometimes up to £100 a time and varying the whole time.

So when it looks like the balance is coming down, they whack it straight back up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had NO idea we were to pay interest on top of the total balance.

As I said, they have applied up to £100 a month in capitalisation.

They can't do this, surely???????

What do you think of this?

• 3 weeks later...

El

most interested in your thread about Wel'con'e credit.

your tale could well be my sons tale about them.

have you looked carefully at the agreement.

did they sign and date it?

did they delete the frequency of the payments weekly/monthly cos if they did not then by the wording of the agreement it is not possible to know if you should pay weekly or monthly.

also look carefully at the option fee. this may well have been already included in the agreement when it is only payable if you want to keep the car at the final payment and to add insult to injury they will have charged you interest on it too.

my sons agreement and statement is littered with inaccuracies

last year i took on thames credit who were after £6k from my son for a previous car finace that he had and beat them right down so its down to the trading standards to get their view and then i will be sinking my teeth into wel'con'e car credit.

dont let the bars***ds grind you down iy is possible to beat them

debtsman

I think I'm going to have to request a statement again which like you they have never provided.

Time to start making a fuss!

Direct Auto Finance & DLC dispute ongoing.

Offer with confidentually agreement from DLC / DAF DECLINED :D

Please PM me if you have any cheap rate or 0800 number for DCA's to add to my list and also to my website

Guys

sorry was a bit quick on the keyboard previous post

couple of things that i have come accross both on the agreement and also on the statement. might be worth having a look at it.

first the agreement figures are incorrect. instead of deducting the deposit from the amount that is liable for interest they have added it on. not sure if this makes the agreement invalid

can any one advise?

on the statement there are what they call 'ad hoc' charges. these appear to be the interest for the missed payments and the failed dd payments. strange they appear to charge interest as and when they feel like it. i suppose thats why they call them 'ad hoc'.

i went to trading standard who were not really much help but it gave me a couple of different routes to take. they also said that the 'option to buy fee' is not being charged interest which i looked at it again is correct. but i still think it is sharp practice to add it on the outstanding balance.

on the subject of ppi can anyone tell me if Wel'con'e have definately been fined for mis selling as I can find no info anywhere.

dm