DCA's and searching CRA's

Switch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can a DCA or the solicitor of a DCA carry out a credit search with the CRA's without my permission.

I have a DCA's solicitor saying that they are going to carry out a search on me. I am trying to build my credit score up at the moment so the last thing I need are searches carried out that I have no wish to be on my file.

I know what you mean. I got my credit report from equifax the other day and and although it says that the searces dont affect your ability to get credit its not nice to see companies you have never given permission to, carrying out searches on your CRA file. It shouldn't be allowed, especially if they dont have your written consent or the original "agreement" is either invalid or unenforceable.

Cabot At Court Stage

Barclaycard Settled, Amount Written off :D 12/02/09

Cabot At Court Stage(2nd account)

Skycard Now with Capquest, Threatinging SD

Next No CCA received, in dispute sent. Nothing heard for over a year

HSBC No CCA received, in dispute sent

EGG S.A.R sent 04/02/09

Unless you have given permission, they can't just search your credit file whenever the mood takes them. A complaint to the Information Commissioner may be in order. if it's because of some debt or other, then chances are the permission was gained at the time it was taken out, but only for certain reasons, not just for curiosity

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Unless you have given permission, they can't just search your credit file whenever the mood takes them. A complaint to the Information Commissioner may be in order. if it's because of some debt or other, then chances are the permission was gained at the time it was taken out, but only for certain reasons, not just for curiosity

So far they have been unable to provide me with an Agreement or anything else for that matter. I have asked them on more than one occasion to confirm who owns the debt as I need to establish who I should direct my claim to for refund of charges as the entire debt is made up of charges.

To date they have chosen to ignore the 5 letters I have written and I now have a letter saying that they are taking legal action against me but they will first carry out a credit search on me so they can determine the best course of legal action to take. They have made it clear that they wish to establish whether I own my own house and the amount credit that is available to me.