Briitish Credit Trust!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if I have started this on the wrong subject:rolleyes:

I have received my annual statement from British Credit Trust and the first paragraph reads; 'This annual statement is being sent to you in accordance with section 77A of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974'. However, I started this account in February 2007 and this is the first and only statement that I have ever received from them. I called them this morning to query this and was told by the guy on the other end that 'this is the first year that they have started to send them' and 'we didn't need to do it before now'. I questioned this as if they are being sent in accordance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974, then why in 2009 have they only started to send them? I then went on to ask for a settlement figure.......only out of interest....I have no plans or money to pay the car off just now. He give me this without any problems, but then when I asked about Voluntary Termination and when would I be able to excute this without having to pay any money to BCT, he became very obstruction and told me that I would need to write in about this. As you can imagine this got my back up and I asked him to explain to me why I could not be given a figure over the phone... He eventually gave in and told me what the 'half way figure' would be. What was the problem?

Has anyone else had any similar experiences, as I think this is wrong and needs stopping?!