Help...Should I CCA...did owe £90k??

WelshMam2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just checked Track and Trace and MBNA received my CCA request on 12th Feb (Thursday)....counting down the days!!

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys for still watching!!

Just to let you all know that MBNA received my CCA request on Thurs 12th Feb...let's see what they produce!!

Also, have posted this question elsewhere but will ask here also, does your application form constitue a valid CCA agreement if it is headed as such? Only I note that MBNA only seem to supply the application forms.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

we get calls from them on a sunday but it is classed as a working day for the cca reply

lol That made me smile Almond:D I guess they should be but I doubt it somehow...

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thanks guys for still watching!!

Just to let you all know that MBNA received my CCA request on Thurs 12th Feb...let's see what they produce!!

Also, have posted this question elsewhere but will ask here also, does your application form constitue a valid CCA agreement if it is headed as such? Only I note that MBNA only seem to supply the application forms.

An application form does not constitute a valid CCA

An application form does not constitute a valid CCA

Thanks Blueda...that's what I think also...just not sure the CCC's see it the same way!!:evil:

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thought I would add my story quickly. Have a Virgin (Matercard) account which I stopped paying due to my husband leaving (last payment in December). I have written to them 3 times (no direct acknowledgement). I had a letter from AEGIS claiming to act on behalf of MBNA and now persistent calling from I think AEGIS indian call centre. I thought I made it clear I would deal with this matter over the phone. I was horrified this morning when they called me at work - twice in 5 minutes!!

• 2 weeks later...

An update...no response to CCA request, well over due...so dispute letter to be sent tomorrow.

Received letter from them offering to settle the account at circa 30% but they state that this would be a partial settlement (no mention made of full and final) If I could afford a lump sum payment then I wouldn't be in arrears would I??!!!!!!!!

In 7 days they are going to default the account and sell onto a DCA.

Any advice gratefully received...thanks.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

One other question as I draft my dispute letter....where exactly is the 12 + 2 days specified? Also, is this working days??

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Ok...found it on a thread posted by PT2537...

Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1569)

1 Citation, commencement and interpretation

(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 and shall come into operation on 19th May 1985.

(2) In these Regulations, "the Act" means the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

UK Parliament SIs 1980-1989/1983/1551-1600/Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 (SI 1983/1569)/2 Prescribed period

2 Prescribed period

The period of 12 working days is hereby prescribed for the purposes of each provision of the Act specified in Column 1

of the Schedule to these Regulations relating to the duty indicated in Column 2 in relation to regulated agreements.

UK Parliament SIs 1980-1989/1983/1551-1600/Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 (SI 1983/1569)/SCHEDULE Sections of the Act in respect of which a period of 12 working days is prescribed relating

to duties in relation to regulated agreements

SCHEDULE

SECTIONS OF THE ACT IN RESPECT OF WHICH A PERIOD OF 12 WORKING DAYS IS PRESCRIBED RELATING TO DUTIES IN

RELATION TO REGULATED AGREEMENTS

Regulation 2

Section of theAct

Duty

(1) (2)

77(1) Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement.

78(1) Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.

79(1) Duty to give information to hirer under consumer hire agreement.

103(1) Duty to give debtor or hirer under a regulated agreement termination statement

or serve counter-notice.

107(1) Duty to give information to surety under fixed-sum credit agreement.

108(1) Duty to give information to surety under running-account credit agreement.

109(1) Duty to give information to surety under consumer hire agreement.

110(1) Duty to give debtor or hirer copy of any security instrument executed in

Not sure why we allow 12+2 days?? Which date should I be quoting in my dispute letter 12 wd or 14wd??

Edited by WelshMam2009

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi welshmam,

12 days is the statutory time they have to comply:) The + 2 allows for delivery.

Thank you Underdog...I no longer feel alone and unloved!! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

An update...no response to CCA request, well over due...so dispute letter to be sent tomorrow.

Received letter from them offering to settle the account at circa 30% but they state that this would be a partial settlement (no mention made of full and final) If I could afford a lump sum payment then I wouldn't be in arrears would I??!!!!!!!!

In 7 days they are going to default the account and sell onto a DCA.

Any advice gratefully received...thanks.

Welshman, if you want your original thread and this one combined.. just yell and I will ask a mod/site helper to do it for you. :-D

Righto, the full and final settlement from MBNA. It will not be a F&F as you and I would interpret it. They will take your money, then sell on the balance for collection by a DCA. Have a read of BRW's post in the following link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1771581.html

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Welshman, if you want your original thread and this one combined.. just yell and I will ask a mod/site helper to do it for you. :-D

Righto, the full and final settlement from MBNA. It will not be a F&F as you and I would interpret it. They will take your money, then sell on the balance for collection by a DCA. Have a read of BRW's post in the following link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1771581.html

Yes please CB...it would be great if my other posts could be combined with this one. I did report the first one as being in the wrong place but don't think it was moved as requested.

Gonna read the thread you have suggested in a mo...many thanks.

MBNA can go and take a running jump as far as I am concerned and I'm not planning to give them another penny until such time as I know they have have a properly executed, non fiddled with, agreement!! :p

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Yes please CB...it would be great if my other posts could be combined with this one. I did report the first one as being in the wrong place but don't think it was moved as requested.

Request made. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Request made. :D

Well done CB...that merger was completed in minutes!!

Now, if you could get the mods to remove the long adverts from the sides of the posts and move the forum to 'above the fold' instead of all those adverts, I would be REALLY REALLY impressed!!:p

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

hiya all especially welshmam - hope you are okay and finding your way a little more around the threads that are of interest to you

well, they were quick to offer you partial settlement and then sell off the remainder,,,,what planet they must live, on,,,,,

well ive now decieded the threat of a default is no longer a frightner for me,,,

who in their right mind wants credit anymore after the year ive had!! i dont know im thinking now the majority of this country is in the same pickle, and those with impeccable credit histories wont need credit thus who are the banks ever going to lend to??

ill cross that bridge when i get there if i need to apply for a new job,,,will they need to see my credit file ?? well ill make sure there is a dispute recorded against each debt with each agency,,, who knows what tomorrow brings, so for now will fight each day as it comes,,,

keep positive laters all angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Well done CB...that merger was completed in minutes!!

Now, if you could get the mods to remove the long adverts from the sides of the posts and move the forum to 'above the fold' instead of all those adverts, I would be REALLY REALLY impressed!!:p

You are welcome. :D

The ads fund CAG so it is best they stay until someone has the hugest of lottery wins :D:D

BCOBS

Hi, just thought a couple of posts I have made will be useful and confidence booster! :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/188190-scale-attack-dcas.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/174475-muffintop-mbna-15.html (post nos. about 270 onwards.)

keep smiling!

T

Guys...still waiting on my CCA's.

However, digging through some old paperwork I found a copy of an old A&L Statement and noticed that the account number was different.

Can anyone clarify if you should be signing a new agreement if the account number changes (guess when MBNA took over)???

PS..I also found a photocopy of an A&L application but it is really plain with no t&c's

Edited by WelshMam2009
PS

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More