• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help with letter received from Creation financial services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a DMP with the cccs which has been in place for years (its quite a high debt so going to take a while to pay off) I have had a letter today from creation (one of the creditors) saying that my temporary repayment arrangement has come to an end (temporary being the last 5 years) and that the interest is now going to be applied nad the min monthly payment needs to be met starting from my next statement! :-x

Before I had a DMP with the cccs I had one with a company that charged for it (in my ignorance) and the whole time this was in place (2 years) the ppi was added to the account despite me asking repeatedly for it to be removed (hardly need payment protection when the account is in arrears and I need help to pay it back) eventually they cancelled it but only after my account balance had doubled so instead of owing them £800 I owed them nearly £2k! I have read that these things can now be challenged, what is the best way to go about this, is there much chance I can have the ppi amounts removed?

Thanks for your help in advance

Hi, molly.

Have you CCA'd Creation ?

I'll move this thread to the PPI Forum, you'll get help in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi can anyone help with my enquiry? I want to challenge them on the insurance that they added to the account and I need to get in touch with them in the next few days before they start adding interest on to the account. Thanks in advance!

Hi, molly.

I'll try and get someone to help you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Good Evening Molly,

Lets see if we can get you on the road to claim this PPI back now i would instead of doing CCA REQUEST which would only give you a copy of the credit agreement, send of an S.A.R LETTER this will force them to supply every bit of data they hold on you be it credit agreement,statements,telephone recordings,etc ill put a link to a template letter below for you just edit it to suit your circumstances.

This will cost you £10 as that is a statutory fee under the data protection act 1998 just enclose a postal order with the letter also send it recorded delivery and get a postal receipt as this will be your prove of posting.

You will also have to allow 40+2 days as this is the time limit they are allowed to do there search.

Once you have this information we can then set about the claim i will go more into this once you receive all the info.

Remember as well as the cost of the PPI policy you can also claim the interest at the rate they charged you hence why we need as much info as possible.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

• Haha 1

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks for that. I did send a cca ages ago but not sure I ever got a response or not. Other things took over and i never had the chance to chase it up. Shall I send them a new request?

Hello Molly,

Creation Finance:mad:

Please check this one out as soon as possible.

When did you send a ca request?????

Did you send the £1 fee???? and did they cash it?????

Did you send the letter recorded delivery and did they receive it???????

These things are really important to know, because if they have not complied with this request they are in breach of the cca and you have rights:D

Do as Pompey suggests and send the full SAR, send recorded delivery and trace and track the letter on the royal mail website:D

Full SAR for ppi

When you attempted to cancel the ppi repeatedly, did you phone them or write to them?????????

You also want info on this from your SAR

• Haha 1

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Thanks guys

Well I think that it was about 18 months ago I sent off the cca request. I have a feeling they cashed the cheque and never sent the info. I had a bit of a family situation and never got round to chasing it all up hence this letter has prompted me into action again. I will send a SAR tomorrow recorded delivery.

When i tried to cancel the ppi I phoned and wrote to them several times, several of which were faxed, I don't have the copies anymore though I don't think. I will look through my paperwork

Hi if they comply with a full sar then a copy of any letter you have sent them(including CCA request PPI cancelation letters/fax they are to thick to check if they complied with CCA request) and copies of any letter they have sent to you should be included you will be able to see from statements date they cashed you cheque for CCA etc.

dpick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sorry for delayed response, been away. No nothing from them, they are swines to deal with, when i was trying to cancel the ppi they said they had no record of my request and even when I was paying them via a dmp they still applied the ppi so surely its obvious I didn't want it. In the end I had to tell them that I would cease all payments if they didn't remove it and they gave me the address of the provider to write to which I did if i remember rightly. Now my debt is double its original size because of the ppi and i have been making payments on it for 5 years or more! Crazy and illegal I am sure!