Me Vs Egg Loan

ANDREAMOUR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just been looking through my credit file and i have just noticed a couple of defaults that i was not aware of!

One of them being with egg.

I dont ever recall having a default sent to me and i have searched my files and not found anything that resembles a dn

Is it worth me getting a copy of it from egg to see if it was correctley served?

I am currently paying off this loan through mooron croft at an agreed amount.

It is widely believed on these forums that Egg never sent out default notices. As these were generated by an automatic process, they will not have a copy to send you.

So thats why i havent got 1.

Sorry if i sound silly but dont they have to send them?

So thats why i havent got 1.

Sorry if i sound silly but dont they have to send them?

I believe the issue is that although they will have issued a DN, they don't retain physical copies.

This is fairly commonplace and often an entry on the Comms Log will be sufficient to satisfy a Judge that a DN was sent.

Do you have yours? Were you given a Comms Log as part of your SAR Andreamour??

EDIT: Just to confirm that I did receive a default notice from Egg when I agreed a repayment plan with them.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Im quite sure i have not recieved 1 from egg.

Been thinking about this since my last post. I have a credit card and loan with EGG. Now, I definitely received a DN but, thinking about it, I'm sure I only had the one. Will need to check tomorrow to see if it related to the card and not actually the loan.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Think i am going to write a letter to Egg and query this

No, please don't as they will just issue you with a new one!

Have you actually received a termination notice from Egg?

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

No, please don't as they will just issue you with a new one!

Have you actually received a termination notice from Egg?

Oh right :eek:

I havent had a termination letter or a dn letter.

It was only by chance i checked my credit file and noticed a default from them!

I am currently on a payment scheme with moron croft as i cant get this 1 written off.

I thought i may have a new angle on them if they had sent a dodgey dn.

Oh right :eek:

I havent had a termination letter or a dn letter.

It was only by chance i checked my credit file and noticed a default from them!

I am currently on a payment scheme with moron croft as i cant get this 1 written off.

I thought i may have a new angle on them if they had sent a dodgey dn.

This is something of a contentious issue.

There are threads on this site where dodgy DN's have been highlighted as a defence in court and the creditor has simply said ok, we'll stop these proceedings, issue a compliant DN and then start fresh proceedings!

This often boils down to what constitutes termination of the contract (most believe issuing court proceedings is effectively termination) and a termination notice from Egg would help your case in this regard.

As your agreement appears compliant, then all that would happen is that the default would be removed, a new DN issued by Moorcroft (Egg) and another default added. At least the first default will expire before the second.

Have all interest and other charges been frozen on this account? If so, then a payment plan, at a rate you can afford, may well be the best solution.

I don't really know much about the PPI and multiple agreement aspects but this is something you may wish to check out just to be 100% certain that the agreement is enforceable!!

Best of luck! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Thanks Welshman i understand now.

Im going to have a good luck through my sar info again to see if i find anything about account termination also they were supposed to send me a tape which they never have of the conversation i had when i consolidated my 2 cards with a loan so i will persue this some more.

• 6 months later...

I wrote a letter of complaint to egg explaining that it has been over a year since i requested the tape recording and that i needed it to check wether i had been Mis-sold ppi.

They wrote back and apologised and said they would re-fund £1900 to my account which of course is behind on payments so i wont get to spend the money but at least its reduced my balance!

If only everything was that easy.

I still need the tape conversation though as i believe i never had an agreement to sign and the screen print out is dodgey!

• 2 weeks later...
Only thing you could do is try to bluff Egg by claiming they have broked the 4 corners rule & see what they come back.

Why wouldn't that be a good idea? What harm is there in doing this? You could write and state that the CCA is not on 1 piece of paper and see what they say in response. Then you'll know. I wouldn't have thought this would jeopardise anything else, particularly if you raise the PPI issue under a separate paragraph?

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

I'm having a right song and dance getting Egg and their DCA pets CapQuest to send me my CCA. Cappers have sent their second letter to me now flatly REFUSING to send my CCA request onto Egg! They have returned my letter and my postal order again (twice now).

They also returned the letter in which I denied any commitment to pay them. So what record of it do they have on their file??

Its quite disgusting, but where now? Who do I complain to if Egg's pet DCA are, indeed, obliged to pass on this request? All they've said is "our client has requested you send your CCA request direct to them." Any ideas? The OFT or something?

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers