Bankruptcy and Foreign Visa's/Keeping vehicle for work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all- I have some other threads going with CCAs/charges and am not immediately considering bankruptcy until I have challenged credit agreements/reclaimed charges/exhausted every other option I have first. However I am currently on Jobseekers allowance and really struggling with credit cards/loan/overdraft equalling about 16k. I have two questions if anybody has any experience of these;

First, has anybody been successful in pursuading the OR to let them keep possession of their car? I have read the rules about this in relation to finding potential work whilst unemployed and think that this could possibly apply to me in my field of employment; as having a vehicle is pretty essential to getting work. My car is worth about 2.5k perhaps less and was not bought by me but transferred from a member of my family.

Second, does anybody know how BR affects visa applications for working/living abroad? I know this is a very broad topic but if anyone has any experience I would be most appreciative as this could also affect possible work.

Thanks in advance everybody; I am trying to find out everything about all the options open to me. BR is something I am trying to avoid but reading other peoples experiences is so helpful!