Tiscali - Breach of contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was with Pipex for many years. Last year I noticed my speed had gone down to just above dial-up. I enquired about a change of service with Tiscali, (who bought out Pipex). This was to have been completed by the 6th Oct 2008, ( mainly to drop my price from £25 to £15). The change never happened. I then asked for a MAC code.....nothing received. In all I had to request a MAC code 6 times, (the last 2 times were through OFCOM!). Tiscali have now billed me for a termination fee although I have screenshots showing my account never changed from the original £25. I now want to sue Tiscali for breach of contract after having to ask for a MAC code 6 times as I believe that the requirement to supply a MAC code is a mandatory code of practice and can be seen to reinforce existing contracts.......any idea how I should go about it?

I am now with Plusnet. Excellent service. Brilliant speed. No cap and only a monthly contract!

I think that you are quite right that their code of conduct is incorporated into the contract. As long as you can show that you have suffered some quantifiable loss -- even just a few pounds then you have a basis for suing them .

You can Sue them very easily using the online MoneyClaim service. You might find it useful to get yourself a good guide to small claims procedure. We sell an excellent one through our website or else you can buy it through Amazon.

Do let us know how it goes

• 1 month later...

I decide to try CISAS to see what it was like. Submitted my complaint....and have just been informed that they have awarded me £200 for Tiscalis shoddy service...plus an apology! (Tiscali to pay of course!)

Result I think!

• 1 month later...

Not a result so far! Pipex had 6 weeks to agree/disagree with CISAS findings.......they have not responded at all! Despite claiming on their complaints COP that they would ALWAYS agree with CISAS rulings!

• 2 weeks later...

I am no expert on the area but I just read the forum about the CISAS as I have not heard of it before..

I found this?

1 Introduction

(a) CISAS (the scheme) is provided by us, IDRS Ltd, for member companies which provide communication services, and their customers. A full list of member companies is available at CISAS: Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme.

(b) The scheme can be used by:

• individuals; and
  • :eek:companies with no more than 10 employees;:eek: