HiQ - no receipt for work.

danielson81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5566 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Two weeks ago I took my car to the local HiQ to have the break discs changed, I only went there as its opposite from my work .

At the end of the day I went to collect and pay for the car and was told it cost £160! Ok, these "quick" places tend to be a bit more expensive.

However when I asked for a receipt they said the IT systems had been down all day and they would post one, well guess what 10 days later no sign of it!

At the time I thought these things happen (I work in IT myself!) and just paid by credit card (got receipt) and left my details.

However two other customers coming out had receipts in their hand.

I phoned the garage after 5 days and they said they would post it, after 9 days I emailed HiQ head office and they replied on the same day saying its a franchise owned by another company but they would forward my email to them and they would be in touch, however 5 days later nothing.

I'm thinking they may have ripped me off as I find £160 for 2 brake discs and labour for such a small car a bit high, but with no receipt there isn't even a breakdown of the work done, which I find a bit suspicious!

If the franchise garage doesnt reply, should I go back to HiQ?

Thanks for any help.

yes, ask for detailed receipt, go back to where work was done, see manager take card receipt; they must have work sheet for the job.

You need that for warranty in case you have problems later anyway.

They will have standard charges for this sort of work; ring another branch and get a quote to check.

If when you receipt and things dont llok right ask for refund if you have overpaid and inform the franchise holder and HO

The other question I would ask is is this some kind of fiddle that the staff have got going. If they dont issue a receipt then the job might not be on the branches books hence they get to keep the money for themselves.

The other issue is that if they have not issued you with a receipt then there is no VAT record.

I would speak to the shop manager and tell him that unless you leave the branch with a valid receipt you will be contacting HMCR.

Even if they are a franchise HiQ still have a duty to sort it as they are trading under the HiQ brand

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks for your replies, it was two front discs fitted to a tiny Fiat Cinquecento! Hence I am a bit suspicous about the price!

Starting to sound like a [problem] now, especially when you consider the bill came to £160 exactly, had an exhaust at a different branch a few months ago it cost £98.53.

Edited by danielson81

Update : Got an email from Head Office on Tuesday saying:

I understand that a correct invoice is being sent to you, with apologies

for any inconvenience.

No sign yet, will wait till early next week before I contact them again, mentioning the VAT / HMRC issue.

• 4 weeks later...

My local HiQ charged £620 to replace a slave cylinder and the damage they did to my car in the process cost £328 to repair, the original fault was in fact the master cylinder (a much cheaper and easier job). They were so inept that the failed to replace something properly causing all the gearbox fluid to leak doing lasting damage to the gearbox.

I had to be towed twice thanks to them!

In addition their invoice (spelt nvoice on mine) were pretty creative ie discounted from 680 to 620 then they ' broke a part' which cost 20 pounds but somehow they managed to adjust everything so that fitted in neatly with the 620 quote. A dodgy company.

Why dont they just stick to tyres?: