CCA query. Help required please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:)Hello to everyone on the forum, and espescially those giving help.

I have a two fold query:

I have 3 credit cards (all taken out circa 2005) with Halifax, Barclays, BOS all on fixed rates for the life of the balance (around 5% so decent rates compared with the normal 16ish%).

I have requested CCA's with all of them and received obviously unenforecable photocopies of the terms and conditions, and nothing else.

My questions are:

(1) On the Halfix/BOS cards letters (the ones sent with the copies of term and conditions) it states:

"Please note that the information we have provided you with is all the information we are rquired to provide you with Under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act. Please note that we are not required to provide a copy of the original signed agreement under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act."

Can they do this or are they just trying it on???

(2) If I stop payment after sending another letter telling them they the debts are unenforceable, and they come up with the agreements says 3 months down the line (and the agreements are correct), I'll have to start paying the debt again....will they hold the current rates I'm on (5% as oppossed to the normal 16%).

If the rates went up to 16% then they would be crippling!

Any DEFINITIVE advice from those in the know would be very gratefully received. I have already donated £ to the site, as I strongly beleive it needs to be kept running. Debt ruins lives! Thanks in advance.

hiya Danny

just wanted to say hiya as i was passing through and welcome to cag too

ive only had my halifax one back and bos and im dispute with them and now my bos been defaulted and terminated, as i stopped payment as they took ages to get me the items which ts have told me to complain to fos

so with your rates being so low, im not sure if im the best person to advise you, if you should stop the payments they could then i suppose say you have defaulted and they could do what they did to me,

mind you i have an ace card for me so im not too worried, wink wink, defective default notice- oops.

i too got that sentence.

im taking mine to fos, so i would wait for far more experienced caggers to come along later today or tomorrow, have a read around the bos and halifax threads incase you can spot someone that had your type of agreements with the rate you are on

anyway wishing you good luck and take care laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D