vehicle lease finance and Admin charges added for PCNs??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am posting this on behalf of a friend who has just signed a two year lease on a car. Unfortunately she has received parking tickets..and duly paid the fines, but she has now received notice from the lease hire company stating £15.00 'Admin charges' for each of the fines?

Does she have to pay these outragous charges for sending her a letter telling her she received a ticket that she has paid anyway!

kind regards

moving on..

Guest dvdriley

you would have to check the lease agreement to see if there is a clause in there confirming that they can do this

Lease firms invariably have clauses that state a fee will be charged to cover their expense in providing information to the enquirer of who the leaseholfer is (as the leasing company will be the RK).

That said, if the tickets are either challenged or paid in good time (before the RK request goes in) it is often possible to head off these standard enquiries. As patdavies asks, if the tickets are simply invoices from private contractors, the difficulty is that whilst you can safely NOT pay them, your leasing company will still requirement payment for providing the 'service' - it doesn't matter to them whether the enquirer had any right to ask. One of the downsides to leasing that they don't advertise!

Just to say thanks for all your replies...

I will suggest my friend reads over her lease again!.The tickets were all police/council issue and I know there was no delay in her paying them.

once again thanks for all your valuable input

regards

Jane.

• dx100uk changed the title to vehicle lease finance and Admin charges added for PCNs??