style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Today I received a statutory demand for Bankruptcy from a DCA (Capquest) in relation to a debt owed from Halifax. Now I dispute the amount of the debt owed (the debt is for £3000 which relates to an unauthorised overdraft and fees), I've already sent off a CCA and SAR request prior to this stat demand which was ignored, I believe this is grounds for setting aside the stat demand. I believe the stat demand to be simply a scare tactic however I don't want to take the risk so I'm looking to protect myself.

Now, with that in mind could anybody talk me through the process of setting aside this demand? I've looked through a few threads here but I'm still not clear how to fill in the court forms and when/how to present them.

Here is what I'm confused with:

I'm aware that I need to fill out forms 6.4 and 6.5 from here; Forms

My questions are in bold and relate to the forms -

Form 6.4

(a) Name & address of person to attend hearing --> Is this me?

Attend before registrar as follows (Date, time, Place) --> What do I put here? The court details?

(d) State the names and address's of the persons to be served --> What do I put here?

(e) State the applicants address for service --> Is this my address?

It says "Signed (Solicitor for the) Applicant" --> Do I need it signed by a solicitor?

Form 6.5

Sworn at --> What do I put here?

Now, do I need to make a photocopy of the stat demand sent to me and present it along with the above forms at the court? Do I need to mark it up as anything? It says in form 6.5 to mark it up as "A"?

What grounds am I disputing the debt on? I know my reasons but is there some kind of legal definition for it?

Also, do I just walk in to the court? Don't I need to make an appointment and do I need a solicitor? I can't afford a solicitor.

What happens after I've set the stat demand aside? Can they try again?

Thanks for reading and I'd welcome ANY help (or can point me to any guide which answers my questions), I'm really confused about all this and I'm trying my best not to get stressed out!

hi there, i too got a letter re statutory demand for bankruptcy from capquest today......

i was looking on here for advice.....

i will keep checking back if i find anything

this may be there new years resolution for everyone to get one .........lol...

was a bit worrying at first but see its a scare tacktick from them

hi there, i too got a letter re statutory demand for bankruptcy from capquest today......

i was looking on here for advice.....

i will keep checking back if i find anything

this may be there new years resolution for everyone to get one .........lol...

was a bit worrying at first but see its a scare tacktick from them

It seems they are sending an awful lot of them out.

It may be a scare tactic but it's a pretty low tactic even for a DCA.

Has anybody here here ever been bankrupted by them?

• 2 weeks later...