Gave Up my claim 2 yrs ago - is it worth starting again?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5626 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've just discovered this site (last night) and I really wish I could have found it a couple of years ago. When the whole Bank Charges issue kicked off, I attempted to claim back my charges. I paid £10 for all my statements from the YB and after much messing about on their behalf - 40 days etc. etc. - I sent appropriate letters and contacted the FSA. When I was fobbed off I eventually gave it all up. Unfortunately I had a few personal issues to sort out and never got back round to starting thing up again. (I'd got to the stage where I'd threatened to take them to court, using a template letter from the MSE website).

I suppose I've really expected a big fanfare in the press and on the news about a High Court ruling saying that all the banks must repay all the daft charges for the past 6 years. Anyway, assuming that in reality that won't happen, I wondered if anybody was perhaps in a similar position? Maybe this website has made you realise that reclaiming your bank charges is possible. I'd really appreciate if anybody could possibly give me some guidance - what to do next...?

Thanks very much

All claims have been stayed. However, it is alost beyond doubt that the banks will lose their appeal and that eventually all bank charges will have to be returned.

You should put your claim in now.

When banks are eventually instructed to repay, it is likely that payments will be made witout any interest.

Put in a County Court claim now and start chalking up 8% interest.

The Consumer Forums - Welcome to the The Consumer Forums

Hi FBB :)

Welcome to the Consumer Action Group !!

As BankFodder says you need to get your claim into the system now.

Details on how to do this are here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

If you have kept all your statements, you can begin stright away, if not, you need a list of new charges, send them the letter here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Remember, you need to get this claim to court.

When you start to send off your letters, they will probably try to tell you you can't claim because the case's are 'stayed' It is important that you ignore this and carry on, only the courts can put a 'stay' on your claim.

Although the banks have a ongoing test case with OFT there are a number of reasons why you should start to claim at court now.

Any older charges (coming up to 6 years) could be lost if you wait for the OFT case to end. Start your claim now and those charges are protected.

When the stays are finally lifted, you will be one of the first in the queue to get paid.

While the banks are protected by the stays, we the consumer, have no such protection and charges continue to mount up.

For some people this may mean going into default. If it is clear that the default was made in respect of charges and that it was lodged after a charges claim was begun then these users have a really excellent chance of having it removed.

Hope this helps

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.