Annual Gym Membership - Cancellation Law?

hmeah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need assistance, I joined Soho Gym, its been 6 days & I've realised its not for me... I now want to cancel.. but the gym is saying I can't get refund as its a special offer...

Surely there is a law which states there is a cooling off period, can you help me please & give me some information.

Many thanks

H

hi, it was a one off payment for the whole year.. i wouldn't say it was a special offer, it was off the brochure.. it was one of the packages..

if i paid for the whole year - it was £590 & if i wanted to go monthly, it was £59.

I went & saw the membership manager again, to be honest, he is not even sure what he is talking about, as he can't show me where it states that the money is non refundable...

the worst thing is, he did not get me to sign a contract... so there is no contract.... said he will speak to the MD & get back... he has no reason to hold back the money.. he is very unclear about the policy & terms and condition....

thanks for all your help all, much appreciated...

That's not a problem, it means you can't go to the card issuer and ask them to refund.

You say you never signed a contract with them, so in writing, (and I would hand deliver it and get a signature reading the denials of receipt in other threads), asking for the return of the payment you made.

No need to threaten court at this time, you might receive a cheque.

Tell them they have 14 days in which to refund.

See what the reply is and then we can take it from there.

That's not a problem, it means you can't go to the card issuer and ask them to refund.

Not so, although it was a debit card, since it has the VISA symbol on it then it is covered. This is a voluntary agreement by VISA