Scatz's OH v Cap1

scatz1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I filled at court for my OH's Cap1 charges and have just been sent a letter to say that they have filed an acknowledgement of service, indicating that they wish to defend all of the claim.

So I have a few questions, firstly is this normal for them to do this and secondly is there anything I should be doing?

Also it says that they have 28 days from the date of service, is that 28 days from the date that I filed at court or 28 days from the date that they filed an acknowledgement of service?

Thanks

Edited by scatz1972

WOW :D

Just checked OH account online and they have cleared his balance to zero and it looks like they are posting the remaing money owed to him!!

I take it I leave the court action in process until I get the cheque from them?

Hi again

Got a letter from the infamous Ellie Renshaw this morning saying as a gesture of goodwill we will refund the charges blah blah they have put OH account at zero and say that they will be posting the remaining balance by cheque, and that he should recieve it in the next 21 working days. They also say that they will defend the claim on the basis that they have refunded.

So do I leave the court action in place or cancel it now??