Dca Want Proof Of Signatures Befor Sending S.a.r Info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, I have recently send off S.A.R to ORIGINAL LENDER, they have responded by sending letter demanding proof of signature ie passport ,driving license etc. I know this is their normal drivel ,could somebody direct me example correspondance i could use in response.

Manc1

MANC 1

delaying tactic,

fire them off a letter stating that it's YOUR time scale not theirs!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't send it to them, they have seen fit to send correspondance to that address before, so they must obviously have been satisfied that the address they have been sending things to is secure.

There is a letter somewhere about this I'll see if I can find it for you.

Which DCA should we bring down first?

Answers on a postcard :D

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2008 the contents of which are noted

In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation /specimen signature** before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that i supply you a copy of my signature before you comply with my S77/78** request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then i can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However please note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address. I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 77/78** was made on xx/xx/2008 and the 12 working days for your compliance expire on xx/xx/2008. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested

Regards

Print dont Sign

Although this for a CCA request I should think with a little editing this should suffice. Although if anyone else can add something I'd be grateful :D

Which DCA should we bring down first?

Answers on a postcard :D

Tell them you don't have a drivers license or a passport. My OH had this with HFC- I signed for him so they couldn't get hold of his signature as they are desperate for it. They wouldn't send out the SAR info without it. Just goes to prove it is a delay tactic as they had a false signature but still sent the info! If they insist you sign, put a line through your signature, sign in a way you normally wouldn't or put an identifying mark on so it can't be lifted easily:)

<<<If I have helped please tickle the scales;-)<<<

I'm afraid sending a CCA response letter to a SAR request won't work....and unfortunately they can ask for a signature....it might be a good idea to send them a sample one but put crosses thrugh it so it can't be 'lifted'

Dear Sir,

Further to your recent correspondence dated (**). I am afraid i am unable to supply you with any further information regarding my identity to enable my legal request for information to be fulfilled than has already been supplied previously.

The fact that you have been writing to the above address and to me by name requesting payment towards the above account has confirmed to me that you already have the correct details. This address and the occupier has been satisfactory to you in past communications therefore you have until the (40 days after original request) to supply me with the information i am entitled to otherwise i shall make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioners Office without further notice"

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Hi All, I have recently send off S.A.R to ORIGINAL LENDER, they have responded by sending letter demanding proof of signature ie passport ,driving license etc. I know this is their normal drivel ,could somebody direct me example correspondance i could use in response.

Manc1

I actually laughed out loud when i read this!! Are they really that stupid???

They are happy to send you letters demanding money but the minute you make a request they want proof of who you are?? What they mean to say is:

"We need proof of your signature so we can scan it into our computer and fraudulently impose it on a document so we can implement it to you and therefor justify our snake like tactics"

Keep up the good fight brother!!

Hi,

The 42man is correct they will ask for a siganture.

I has the same problem with the Natwest.

What you need to do is do a font i.e WOMBLE and sign across it with your siganture. It worked for me and yes they do ask for a signature.

They delayed me with the same tactic and that idea from a cag member worked. So you could send a letter stating you dont need one but your be wasting your stamps. Just do the above and your be ok.

Good Luck

Womble

Just to point out the dangers of rushing into anything or not reading things properly.

A SAR is an important request and, because it involves the Data Protection Act, they DO require a signature to authorise release of your data. This has clearly become confused with a CCA request, which does not need a signature.

One of the replies actually gives a misleading response that counters other advice, and quotes a CCA request, rather than the SAR - which is the thread topic.

If you wish to modify the signature a little, to prevent potential fraud, then signing over something often works. This goes back a long way where official documents were often signed over a postage stamp. Adding extra marks, like little crosses, could actually invalidate the signature as you are making a valid request against an account where they should be able to match your regular signature as authority.

Although it may seem a game at times, being careless could land you, or the person you advise, in trouble! [/rant]

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Do what i have done it the past sign it in RED ink you are not allowed to fill out any aplication form in red must be blue or black

if one comes back then with your signature in red you know there up to there out tricks

I also enclose a letter with mine Dear Sir i have signed the form in red ink this is to prevent anyone scanning, cut and copying and using my signiture should the letter get lost in the post i trust this satifaces your request they then know that you are aware that this happens and they dont like it

Regards DK

Maybe a sticky can be placed on this page telling folks to sign in red if they need be this stops companies copying it

Please Tip My Scales if Info was Use full

If you wish to modify the signature a little, to prevent potential fraud, then signing over something often works. This goes back a long way where official documents were often signed over a postage stamp.

The best tip is as above, sign over a postage stamp, it can't be 'edited' then.

sign it in RED ink

I can't see this being helpful? It matters not what colour you sign in, the type of monkeys who scan and paste stuff to make documents would simply convert it to black. How many copy documents, like a CCA that has been microfiched for example, would have retained the original blue ink of the signature, if that was the colour used at the time?

With one company I worked for, my trademark signing off of a document was to use yellow ink on a yellow page, which came out as really clear black on white when copied.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Is there anything to stop you from signing your name totally differently to the way that you normally would? Then if they do copy it you can prove it by simply supplying copies of documents with your normal signature (or bank cards).

I did a quick Google and it looks like there isn't anything in the law that would stop you from doing this. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of laws on signatures, other than them needing to be written by your own hand in your own writing.

There are some threads around that suggest that they might require proof of identity, not neccessarily ask for a signature

The range of documents that I was asked to send included birth certificate that has no signature, so I sent a copy of that.

I don't see anything in the legislation that asks for a signature. It specifically says in the technical guidance that where there has been regular correspondence from an address you shouldn't be asking for anything extra. It has become "industry practice" to make you jump through hoops. The CCA letter is similar to the one that I sent in response to a signature request for my SAR (but with 40 days instead of 12 working)

Hi MBNA tried saying that I had to supply a signature to obtain my data under DPA I informed them that this is not required and would instigate proceedings if they did not comply withing the original 40 days allowed. They did not comply I issued N1 they then complied within 5 days after receiving court papers.

dpick

• Haha 1

The banks, in particular, usually obtain a 'specimen signature' on opening an account. If they are then sent an instruction, and the signature on that letter does not match, they could refuse to accept the request.

It depends on how far they are willing to go to verify the identity of the person sending in the SAR, or whatever. There does seem to be a big difference in verifying ID for a CCA request, with your signature not being as important, and a SAR, where it is. Can't see why that should be, and there are reasons for both sides of the argument on this.

the only trouble with a signature is it is not the same every time and for personal reasons some ppl change there signature from time to time. i know i have. i also know when so if it appears on any docs i can say that on;y became my sig on date XXX

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi MBNA tried saying that I had to supply a signature to obtain my data under Data Protection Act I informed them that this is not required and would instigate proceedings if they did not comply withing the original 40 days allowed. They did not comply I issued N1 they then complied within 5 days after receiving court papers.

dpick

Wish I had seen you post earlier, may go to their offices and punch someone if I now get a signed agreement.

Green to you.

A newbie, only offering general commentary.

Get stuck contact the site team.

If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.