DLA Tribunal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am awaiting a date for a tribunal and was wondering if anyone has any advise or has gone through this.

My daughter has Autism, learning difficulties, challenging behaviour and sensory intergration needs. The renewel forms where sent back in Feb'08 it took them until July to sort it out. They lowered her mobility to low care needs remained at high. I aske for it to be looked at again, and they didnot change it. i have recived copiy of my daughter file and the medicle evidence which I sent them was not included. I called DLA on 5 Jan 09 as the evidence was sent to them on 11 Dec '08 they said they had not recieved it. I had sent it recorded next day delivery so I checked and it was delivered to them on 12 Dec. I called them back again, again to be told that they not recieved it, I refused to put down the phone until they checked again, hey presto they had got it but it had not been opened so had not been logged.

I have Coventry law centre helping me as my daughter fits the criteria that dLA lay out but just wondered if any one else has gone through anything simlar.

Many Thanks Covlass

Oh dear... :-(

I think there's a fair chance they will give in before tribunal once they have all the evidence on file, but either way, with the right kind of evidence, I think you shouldn't have too much trouble. Fingers crossed. :-)

Hiya just giving my support as i went through a tribunal with my son then aged 5,(see my thread) when you go in there a 3 people they will ask you to bring your daughter in whilst they speak to you (they are observing) i was so nervous, my adviser said that sometime they watch you from outside so make sure you hold on to her, and get a copy of the submission youre adviser sends in hopefully though they may reverse your decision before the tribunal date.

Good luck thinking of you

Thankyou so much I have just read your thread. I will have to hold her anway or she will do a runner. I have all the submission papers and I intend on making a complaint when all this is over due to statements written on my daughters file by DLA but thats another story. I have been told today that they have recieved all files and we have now been put on a waiting list for a date so no idea how much longer this will go on iy's been 10 months so far.

Thankyou for your support

Thats how long it took for me too from the January to August then you have to wait for backpayments etc do you work/benefits? As when it is awarded you will be entitled to carers allowance but it takes up to 6weeks to set up and the deduct the some of income support you may have have in the meantime you need to call tax credits to ask them to backdate your claim once its is awarded they can only back date it from April and they have to send off a request for the previous year to be paid out to you you will get it as a manual payment (still waiting for mine though)