What are my rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered an item for £325 last weekend and was given a receipt to say how much balance was remaining (£325), i went to the shop this weekend to collect the item and to purchase another item for £3.99. The cashier has only charged me for the £3.99 item, the store has left a message on my answering machine saying they have made a mistake and not charged me for the £325 item, and that they want me to pay (even though they have handed the item over), it is their error, should i legally have to pay or is this their error? As in mistakes can not be rectified once you have left the store?! Many thanks for any advice.

Yes, of course you have to pay. They have made you aware of the cashier's mistake and I am pretty sure that you noticed when you paid £3.99 instead of £328.99, so you can hardly say you didn't know. Since you had ordered the goods, then they know who you are, and I would imagine they are unlikely to let you get away with it. The long and short of it is you ordered goods and didn't pay for them on collection, and I am pretty sure that it amounts to theft (although I am sure that the peeps versed in criminal law will correct me if I'm wrong). Even if it were to turn out not to be theft, it is dishonest either way you look at it. :-|

I think that cashier may be in trouble with the boss:eek:

Capquest - No cca yet - OC sent what they think is a CCA - account on hold - no contact since

Lewis - Lost their tongue after cca request:roll: -

Now in default of my CCA request - still no contact since:D

Fredrickson - No cca yet - Now in default of my request - now stopped contact with me:rolleyes: **UPDATE** April - Sent back £1 p/o and gave up!!!!!!!!!!

1ST Credit - CCA request sent - now stopped contact with me