Cahoot Flexi Loan CCA - Help

angiemcp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am another newcomer to the forum. After reading some threads late last year I realised I had been paying a cahoot flexi loan for almost six years. I sent off and asked first of all for a copy of my agreement. They have sent me a copy of my credit agreement, but I really don't know what I am looking for and if it is valid. Can anyone help me!!!!!!!!!!Please.:p

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi angiemcp.

In short the answer is no - the ways these kind of forums work is that the posts get displayed in order of the last post - it's a common way to bump a post up the ladder and possibly get attention just to post the word 'bump'.

I am hoping that a forum mod or expert gets to notice this conversation and maybe have a squint at the CCA agreement.

By the way your Photobucket link is no longer working - you may wish to repost.

Now that sounds interesting - what do you see that would make the agreement unenforceable? Which threads have you been looking at? I will scan my agreement and get it online as well - maybe we can compare notes and see where to go from there?

Hi

I have spoken to the OFt and I am awaiting a reply from them. My agreement has no right to canel, no credit limit & the interest has shot up from 7% to 17%. I will post up anything from the OFt as soon as I receive it, but I am intending to put Cahoot into dispute I think!!!!

The thread I found useful was 42man - Is my Agreement Enforceable - Useful, however I searched using cahoot flexi loan and found agreements that were the same as mine.

Here hoping we can get the scumbags!!!!!!!!!!

I saw that thread too - it seemed to be leaning towards enforceable but I like your logic on the other points.

Totally agree with your description of Cahoot - the bill has doubled in no time. I don't get the logic of the banks. They see people in difficulty so they increase the rates so they get into more difficulty. The whole things stinks.

The greedy banks will get what they deserve out of this!

Good luck with the OFT - let us know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I have also just got my CCA from Cahoot - it sees to have all the prescribed notices under the CCA however they are extremely vague. The credit limit section just says

"We will too you from time to time what your flexible loan limit is"

I'm just not sure if this is accurate enough?

Any ideas

Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt

Their full agreement seems to be very vague. I have also noticed on my agreement that they have signed and dated the agreement before I did, so I am also led to believe that this also makes the agreement unenforceable. I have sent off a letter disputing the account, so I should hopefully hear back from them quite soon, as soon as I do I will post it.

I would send them off a letter of dispute and see how you get on, remember don't use your normal signature and send it recorded!!:)

• 1 month later...

Hi Angie,

Just subbing to your thread, I will await your reply with interest!

I've put my account in dispute with Cahoot, but like all the other credit companies they didnt listen:mad:

Did you contact the OFT online or did you write to them? I have never had dealings with them before:confused:

Any pointers would be welcomed! Also did you contact anyone else? FOS or ICO?

Subscribing also. I'd really like to take Cahoot on as their reasonable flexi loan became a loan shark from hell nightmare, but I don't know how to go about it. Hoping a few of us can start getting some action going against these scoundrels!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...