advantis and GFC - commercial mortgage help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5636 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, we currently have a bridging loan ( this was the only option at the time) through goldcrest finance for £90k - as you can imagine the rates are very high, we are due to end our 3 month period with this company (end of this month) and are looking for a mortgage. There are 3 of us applying for the new mortgage and have lots of security and a good income. However we are finding it difficult to find a mortgage (commercial for woodland) and the only company we found were GFC who wanted a £295 brokers fee which we paid. The company who have offered us a mortgage are called advantis who say they need 2 valuations for the woodland and the house we are using as security which comes in at a cost of £1000. The thing is we dont want to pay this fee and then end up with no mortgage.

Does anyone have any experience with the above companie(s)?

I have just received a letter from Advantis Credit Limited of Minton Hollins Building Shelton Old Road Stoke-on-Trent Staffordshire ST4 7RY saying that their client is anxious to resolve an outstanding debt. I have checked their website and in essence they appear to be debt collectors. If it is the same company, I am not convinced that they would have the experience to help in refinancing.