T Mobile Contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5629 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone offer some advice please concerning t mobile contracts ,my 17 year old son has entered into a mobile contract with t mobile for 18 months without informing me first ,now i thought you could not have a mobile contract unless you are 18 years old? i have gone mad at him and dont no what to do?he has got 10 months left and cannot pay the monthly bill,i am disabled and receiving benefits and cannot afford to pay also,i am very concerned about what to do can someone please offer some advice .:Cry:

Does he still have the original contract, dis he sign it to say he was 18 or over? If so then the contract will be valid due to his misrepresentation. The alternative is to repudiate it, but then he could be accused as entering into a fraudulent transaction on the CIFAS database. Of the two, it is better to be known only as a debtor than a fraudster!

He's at least passed the half-way point in his contract, so there's not long left to go - however the usual advice is to drop to the lowest available tariff so that the number of inclusive call/texts is less, and down goes the monthly charge too.

However, that said, T-Mobile have been one of the first networks to stop customers doing this due to high levels of contract downsizing. Providing he's previously paid on time etc, his good record will already be noted on his credit file, and this will put him in good stead for later life, so it is important not to mess this up.

In his position, I would write to T-mobile (NOT phone). In the letter say that he has been given an educational placement abroad and would very much like to suspend his contract until his return. He should also add that if this is not possible, he would like to change is call plan to one that will keep his outlay minimal until his return, as due to the high cost of roaming, his present tariff will be unsuitable.

Hopefully a compromise can be found!