hsbc passed debt to capquest im waiting for sar request

peppapig
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone waiting for hsbc to send me my sar request since july now they have passed it on to cap quest where do i stand now the debt is a bank loan and overdraft thats why i wanted to claim bank charges back ,i sent dg solilitors a cca request back in july not heard anything since then now this

Hi PP and Happy New Year :) (Love that username btw :D)

Did you send your Subject Access Request to HSBC by Special Delivery? Do you have proof of delivery? If so, did you follow up your Subject Access Request with CAG's procedure for dealing with SARs:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Overdrafts are not covered by the Consumer Credit Act as such as they are exempt from Part VI because there is no agreement, just a letter advising of the agreed limit. Again, did you send your CCA request by recorded?

I would write to Capquest advising them that the account is in dispute with HSBC due to unlawful charges so they can go take a running jump :D

Let me know if you need a letter and I'll dig one out ;)

Bo :)

• Haha 1

Hi Peppapig , Happy New Year to you .

This link may help you with a letter to send to the DCA :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/110742-bls-no-cca-but.html%23post1084460

Suitably amended, it may be just what you are looking for .... :)

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

thanks for your replys ,i ve had replys to every letter ive sent them ,they say they need my signature but why pass the debt on ,hsbc been threating me with a charging order for the pass 7 months doesnt make sence ,but i will send a letter of dispute to CAP QUEST ,MY OVERDRAFT IS CHARGES just trying to reduce the debt owing

They don't need your signature for a SAR , peppapig - this is just a ploy to put you off........ they must have quite happily sent stuff to you without cofirming your identity in the past.

If you send a signed letter to CAP QUEST make sure it is slightly distinctive and can be identified separately from your usual signature e.g. a couple of dots or squiggle ..... I'm not saying that CQ or HSBC would do it but it has been known for other less reputable DCAs to use a siggy on an agreement .......

Also , you could send HSBC a letter from this link if you haven't already done so .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html%23post38561#post38735

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D