carphone warehouse:fujitsu laptop problem

forestzoepotts
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5657 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. On Otober 18th we bought a dongle and laptop bndle from Carphone Warehouse. The dongle was with T-mobile. When we got it home, we discovered that a) there was no sim card in the pack; b) the laptop did not have a Cd drive, something we specifically requested and c) the laptop wouldn't boot anyway. We took it back, and got a sim card and changed the laptop. When we got home again, the sim hadnt been registered and it was now too late to do anything that night. The next day we took it back again and decided after all the tooing and froing we might as well upgrade to a better laptop.

t-mobile wouldn't upgrade the contract (we later found out that this was because the 1st contract wasnt properly cancelled by CWarehouse and t-mobile thought we were trying to take a 2nd contract out 24hrs after the first and so refused, understandably).

We had to settle for Orange as at this point we didnt know what the problem was with T-mob. This was when we got the Fujitsu laptop.

Several weeks later we sorted out the mess that was the t-mobile contract with yet another visit. The manager flatly refused to compensate us for all the hassle.

Today, 2 months after purchase, the screen on the laptop has gone. It appears that the backlight has failed ( I have checked all the resolution etc), you can still see the screen but only just and at an angle.

Carphone warehouse have refused to replace the laptop and have told me that it must go to Fujitsu to be repaired.

I am not happy with this as it would then mean I have a refurbished laptop when I have paid for a new one. They state a 28 day period and say I am past this. I was under the impression that it was 6 months for products like this under the sale of goods act as it would be classed as an inherent fault and the onus is on them to prove otherwise. Also, if bits are starting to pack up after only 2 months I am not confident it will last much past the 12 months warranty period!!!!!

Also my contract for purchase is with Carphone Warehouse and not Fujitsu so the onus is on CW?

Please help cos I wish I'd never walked in thro their door!!!!!