Padestrian zone and me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First post for me here and needs some advice please.

(being doing it for the last 8 years) I drove through this road on Sunday(Walthamstow, high street) and all I know is that you cannot park but you can drive through. I know the council were in discussions before to make it a padestrian zone only. Anyway, when I dropped my wife to do some shopping and went around three times until she finished so I can pick her up BUT the WF issue me with 3 x PCN saying 'entering a padestrian zone' (issued PCN 5 min from each one):-x. I cheked the sign and I think they have changed even though it looks very old sign. I know for fact that few hundreds cars went through there that day...what can I DO? THANKS FOR THE ADVICE

W High St has been pedestrianised (in large parts but not all) for many, many years?

Would need to see pics of the signs to comment.

-

Hi there

I attached some photos. This is the one that is displayed when you enter high street market coming from Hoe Street:

maghreblandlogo043.jpg

However, when you are coming from Cleveland road turning right to high street, this is what you see and you don’t CAN'T stop and read because it is not facing you:

maghreblandlogo042.jpg

On the high street, this is the sign that you se dotted all around:

maghreblandlogo041.jpg

The funny thing is many times while I am sitting in the car, the traffic wardens always passes me and ask me to move on but never said ‘ this is a pedestrian zone and you are not allowed to go through’. Inconsistency, I would think

Honest, if I knew this is the case, I am not that stupid to get 3PCN in the same times, 3 min from each other. Even if I can’t win my agreement, I am willing at least to pay one not all of them…what do you think? Because 2 of the 3 PCN I went through the high street coming from Cleveland road and no way I could see the sign.

Any comments, advice is really appreciated, particularly paying the money for something I never noticed for nearly 8 years

Many thanks

Honest, if I knew this is the case, I am not that stupid to get 3PCN in the same times, 3 min from each other. Even if I can’t win my agreement, I am willing at least to pay one not all of them…what do you think? Because 2 of the 3 PCN I went through the high street coming from Cleveland road and no way I could see the sign.

Surely MOOD, you mean on all 3 occasions you approached from Cleveland Road? ;)

Surely MOOD, you mean on all 3 occasions you approached from Cleveland Road? ;)

Damn I didn't think of that ...but the cameramen from the council (should be in hollywood) filmed me going through facing the signs