kpohraror v woolwich building society

Toobbloke
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is anyone familiar with this case? I'm looking to see if I can issue a claim (or counter-claim, depending on if the DCA jumps) using this.

Is it only dishonoured cheques that would qualify, or would damage to financial reputation through application of duplicate defaults work?

It's possible that it's a non-starter, but worth a look!

Cheers

TB

Have a look at the case of Durkin v DSG, a 2008 Scottish case and in which damages for wrongful impugnment of a man's credit reputation was awarded without proof of actual financial loss. Kpohraror was mentioned in Durkin you will notice.

Clearly before an award will be made, it will be necessary for you to show that the Defendant's activity complained of was in breach of contract or duty and consequently wrongful.

x20

Thanks for that x20.

The situation is that there is a valid default (which would clearly affect my rating), but this has been duplicated and therefore would make the situation considerably worse.

They've been asked on several occasions to remove the duplicate, but failed to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

TB

• 2 weeks later...

When were the two defaults issued?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I can see how the second default if entered a considerable time (years) after the first would effect your credit rating but if they were issued on the same day then it's difficult to see how this woud effect your credit rating in any way.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well, I am suitably educated! I confess to not really understanding how the credit reference agencies do this stuff.

I would have thought that if you had, for example, a default for £10,000, that would be bad, but to have two totalling £20,000 would have a greater detrimental impact on the scoring system. I didn't realise that the timing would make this effectively a moot point.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers

TB

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Has one default the name of the OC and the other the

name of a DCA/Debt Purchaser.

Any default/late or missed payment affects the ''mythical''

3 figure credit score which is meant as a day to day guide

for the data subject, few of the major credit organisations

rely on the rating as such, but do check on defaults,late &

missed payments, account management, public info CCJs,

electoral register, Cifas and GAIN markers, they all have

unique inhouse systems that they use to reach credit decisions.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: