DVLA /Intercredit again

2leftfeet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please Help. Had a letter sent through from these horrible people on the 18th Oct, and called them right away to find out why they were demanding £80 from me. They explained the DVLA were chasing the money for a car i did not declare was no longer mine, i actually scrapped the car over a year ago and the person never did there part. All info was Supplied to the DVLA over a couple of week in July all information proving the sale of the car and i received a letter stating that i was no longer the keeper. All sorted in my book. I explained this to the Intercred and they were having none of it, they stated as they were instructed i needed to pay the fine for it to go away. I said i wouldn’t. So i called the DVLA to try and clear this matter up, they said for me to write in to this company with all the relevant info and appeal the case. I am in the process of doing this today 25th Oct. I then go and receive a text from them asking to call and Pay. I call to notify them that i am writing in to them to appeal as the DVLA have instructed me tot The horrible woman then went on to state it would make no difference if i appealed because as from today they were taking me to court, i asked why as they haven’t given me a chance to state why i shouldn’t pay. She just kept saying i would be better to pay. I again said i would still appeal and she said again it would make no difference, she told me to go get legal advice. In his end i hung up as she was getting very aggressive. Called the DVLA after this call to asked them if this company were right. they were helpfull and said i still needed to send my letter in with all details and appeal. the company by Law have to hear the appeal. All i can say these people from Intercred, are not helpful and not polite at all, very aggressive if you try to explaine your side of the story and try to reach an agreement to the course of action you are taking. Please let me know if you can give any advise to how i resolve this matter without being bullied in to paying. thanks :(

If you have complied with your legal obligations and DVLA have sent you a letter confirming you are no longer legally-responsible for the vehicle, Intercretins can be told to go swivel. They have no legal powers at all and it is pretty clear that DVLA has, as per usual, cocked-up. Send a photocopy of the letter you received to Simon Tse, CEO at DVLA. The relevant contact details are at Post #46 in this thread. Make it quite clear you do not owe any money to DVLA and that you will take action against DVLA and Intercretins under Section 3, Protection from Harassment Act 1997. There is case law in the form of Ferguson -v- British Gas [/i]Trading Ltd 2009 which means it is unlawful for a body corporate to engage in a course of conduct amounting to harassment against an individual. In the Ferguson case, it cost BG £10,000 plus costs. You might wish to mention this to Simon Tse when you write to him. It is also a High Court ruling and, so, legally-binding on lower courts.

You can, and I would recommend that you do so, make a formal complaint against Intercretins to OFT Credit Fitness Team as they are in breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines per se. OFT Credit Fitness is the part of OFT that monitors DCAs and Certificated Bailiff Companies holding OFT Category F Debt Collection Licence and acts to impose sanctions where breaches of licences occur.

I am attaching a copy of a document that takes you through the process of complaining against a bailiff company, but the process for DCAs is virtually identical. I am also attaching OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. Play "Spot the Breaches" and list ALL breaches in your complaint. You will need to quote the following important information -

Company Name: Inter-Credit International Ltd

CCA Licence No.: 57

OFT Debt Collection Guidelines (2011).pdf

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have complied with your legal obligations and DVLA have sent you a letter confirming you are no longer legally-responsible for the vehicle, Intercretins can be told to go swivel. They have no legal powers at all and it is pretty clear that DVLA has, as per usual, cocked-up. Send a photocopy of the letter you received to Simon Tse, CEO at DVLA. The relevant contact details are at Post #46 in this thread. Make it quite clear you do not owe any money to DVLA and that you will take action against DVLA and Intercretins under Section 3, Protection from Harassment Act 1997. There is case law in the form of Ferguson -v- British Gas [/i]Trading Ltd 2009 which means it is unlawful for a body corporate to engage in a course of conduct amounting to harassment against an individual. In the Ferguson case, it cost BG £10,000 plus costs. You might wish to mention this to Simon Tse when you write to him. It is also a High Court ruling and, so, legally-binding on lower courts.

You can, and I would recommend that you do so, make a formal complaint against Intercretins to OFT Credit Fitness Team as they are in breach of OFT Debt Collection Guidelines per se. OFT Credit Fitness is the part of OFT that monitors DCAs and Certificated Bailiff Companies holding OFT Category F Debt Collection Licence and acts to impose sanctions where breaches of licences occur.

I am attaching a copy of a document that takes you through the process of complaining against a bailiff company, but the process for DCAs is virtually identical. I am also attaching OFT Debt Collection Guidelines. Play "Spot the Breaches" and list ALL breaches in your complaint. You will need to quote the following important information -

Company Name: Inter-Credit International Ltd

CCA Licence No.: 57

Very nice work Bill.

All the best,

N.

Reporting DCAs and bailiff companies does make a difference. Recently, a member on another site I post on advised that they had received an acknowledgement from OFT Credit Fitness Team which included a statement that the team was dealing with a "high volume of complaints concerning bailiffs and debt collection agencies". So the practice of reporting DCAs and bailiff companies on CAG and other sites appears to be having an impact, at least with OFT Credit Fitness Team. If this converts into requirements being attached to licences or adverse determinations to refuse renewal or revoke licences, it will have been worth the effort. DCAs and bailiff companies have to realise that people will only take so much before there is "payback". For DCAs and bailiff companies reading this thread, this is "Payback".

• 1 month later...

HI,

i have recived a similar letter, but this time the letter is in my older brothers name (even though the car is registered in my name), the address is totally wrong my brothers,

street but diffent door number to his?? really confusing. INTERCRED don't give much information about why my brother owes "DVLA" £80 in this letter.

i have sorn the veachile off the road 5th Oct 2012. i did this online i also received a confrimation from DVLA: -

Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 15:36:31 +0100

> From: ]donotreplyDOTevl@dvlaDOtgsiDOTgovDOTuk

> To:

> Subject: Confirmation of Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)

>

> THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY AS EMAILS

> RECEIVED AT THIS ADDRESS CANNOT BE RESPONDED TO.

>

> Confirmation of Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)

>

> Thank you for using DVLA Vehicle Licensing Online

> Your SORN declaration has been successful.

>

> Reference Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

> Vehicle Registration Mark: XXXX XXX

> Application made on: 05/10/2012 15:35

> SORN Period: 12 months

>

> Please save or print this email confirmation.

>

> The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless Worldwide in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2009/09/0052.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

> Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for legal purposes.

please help....

regards,

MERKEDGE xx