Experian File Info

Jamesx81x
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My wife has ordered a copy of her credit file and noticed Welcome Finance have carried out unauthorised searched on her file. I took out a lon stupidly with them back in 2004, would it be due to that fact?

Also they have created a linked address on her file using my old address. Correct me if i am wrong but i thought linked addresses can only be created on your parteners file through a joint application?

Finally there is an entry from MBNA with an address she has never lived at. She has disputed all the above with experian but she got the usual reply from them stating all creditors had been intouch and told them the information is correct and to remain on my file.

The data protection act clearly states that creditors have to substantiate the accuaracy of their claims with evidence not just say its correct but Experian seem to think this is not so.

Any advice?

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Nationwide Default Removed

Nationwide Joint Account Default Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Blackhorse Car Finance Court Claim - Won

As far as I can see from the limited info you've given you are right. But the CRAs always take the word of DCAs over yours.

Also, be aware that there are 3 known CRAs (Experian, Equifax and Call Credit) as well as the shady Hunter system.

Have you formally complained to Experian or the alleged creditors, or taken any other action?

Newborn

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

I asked them to look into my queries but keep getting the usual replies, that the creditors say the information is correct. Of course they will say that.

I have asked them one last time to ask the creditors to substantiate their claims with evidence as per their duties under the DPA but i wont hold my breath.

If i do not receive a staisfactory response then i shall go down the ICO route or seek other action. They seem to think that as their clients have signed up to terms and conditions then everything they tell them is gospel.

Bottom line is the queried information should not be on their and no permission was ever given by wife or joint application made.

Thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Have you written to the alleged creditors to ask them to substantiate their actions (ie CCAd them?). The CRAs just E-Mail the creditor to ask if the info is right, they don't actually ask for any paperwork to back it up, that's their 'reasonable action' I'm afraid.

Newborn

Beaten:

Yeah i understand about their so called reasonable action but the section in my comments regarding Callcredit clearly states the creditors have to back it up and the CRA's have a duty to ask for this information.

There is no dispute regarding any credit agreements. Its the fact that i took out a sole loan with welcome but they linked my old address to my wife and its on her file. This was not a joint application. They have also made unauthorised searches on her file too.

As for MBNA they are saying she lived at an address she never has. Experian informed them of this and MBNA's reply was yes she has. Who the hell are these people? Moon Martians? MBNA saying this was more than good enough for Experian who are also saying the info is correct.

Unbeleivable.

Thanks!

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed

Looks like the IC route then.

Newborn

Beaten:

There is no dispute regarding any credit agreements. Its the fact that i took out a sole loan with welcome but they linked my old address to my wife and its on her file. This was not a joint application. They have also made unauthorised searches on her file too.

If you are financially linked to your wife, which you are, then any application made by you will almost definitely create a search on your wife's credit file.

Similarly, if your wife made an application, then a search would be done on your report!

I thought that may be the case with the search but certainly not creating a link to my old address on her file this should only be done on a joint application and even then it should be her previous address not mine.

thanks

IVA Entry Removed

Natwest Default Removed