SENDING 1ST LETTER GOING FOR THE FULL £5K

PETCH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

FIRST LETTER IS GOING TOMMOROW I TAKE IT ALL CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD GO RECORDED DELIVERY TO THE TRITON SQUARE ADDRESS. CLAIMING £4998 IN CHARGES. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE INTEREST COSTS ETC. I ASSUME IF I CLAIM THESE THEY ARE ADDED TO THE TOTAL WHICH WILL TAKE ME OUT OF SMALL CLAIMS TERRITORY?

WISH ME LUCK!! :twisted:

Are you prepared for a court action?

Don't forget that there is a discretion to move cases ot of the small claims track. It is unlikely for a claim less than £5000 but more likely in your case than a claim for,say, £2000. If Abbey have a glimpse of a basis for moving you onto the multitrack, they could try it. Won;t necessarily succeed but you should be aware of the risks.

• 2 weeks later...

Received the standard will look into your complaint and a how to complain leaflet, just sent the final notice letter recorded delivery giving 14 days. Tick tock............

At £4998, the Judge may well advise a multi track claim is more appropriate. Again, it depends on the judge!

I would be rahter concerned and have a policy (personal one) not to issue claims over £4,500 to avoid such a problem.

If it does get refered to the multi track come back ASAP, because you will need some very good assistance quickly!

The law maybe reason without passion as Aristotle said, but hey, he said nothing about having fun when getting even!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal expereince. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Reputation Points Always Welcome

Might not be an idea to sever the claim now? 1st claim for D/Ds, second later for ODs or something on those lines?

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bring you up to speed, the second letter went off and I got a very rapid standard response saying all is legal and if you pursue court action the account may be closed. I have opened another account and the 14 days is now up. As I haven't started proceedings yet can I just change the period I am claiming back to bring the amount down to £4.5k and if so do I have to start the whole procedure again giving them another 14 days?

Just to bring you up to speed, I sent the notice before proceedings letter got a very quick response saying all charges are legal and if I continue with court action they may close our account. I have opened a new account just in case. With regards to the amount of the claim can I just claim for a shorter period of time therby reducing the amount and then clain for the remainder later. If so do I need to start the whole process again or just the last letter saying I have decided to review the amount I am claiming and give them another 14 days?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks