style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys this might be in the wrong place and if so i apologise.

Ok back in January the lads at work got me a £20 credit note for a surplus store independently owned, now this was dated and signed and also has a company biz card stapled to it.

Sadly before i could use it i went off work with illness and as the shop is over an hour away from where i live i was unable to use the credit note when i returned to work last week (i know a long time but i was really ill) i visited the shop as my son and i decided a lantern would be perfect for our night fishing.

When i spoke to the gentleman/owner behind the counter he advised and i quote "oh that was done by Jamie i had problems with him and had to let him go" iasked if this was therefore invalid and he only replied that he would be willing to give me £10 as a goodwill gesture. Now i know i didnt pay for this but as far as i am concerned the money was paid in good faith and i should have £20 to spend.

Can anyone advise as to where i stand on this matter, i appreciate he may have had problems with the boy working there but surely i have entered some form of contract with this if needed i can scan the receipt onto here.

Any help really appreciated

Basically, he can't get out of it. An errant employee is not an excuse unless the thing he done was so unreasonable as to be obvious to a reasonable person that he should not rely on that act.

but you have to consider this: how far are you prepared to go over a tenner? Sorry to put it that way, but it is one of those crap situations where you are right but enforcing that right can be more trouble than it's worth. You have a bit of paper, the only use and practical worth of which is down to the mercy of the issuer.

A pragmatic approach may be to say that you have got something you did not have before (a voucher of whatever value) and it may be better just to put the tenner to it to get what you want.

In any case I would have a word with trading standards about it in case his seller is doing this consistently.