Central Ticketing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I received a parking ticket today from Central Ticketing and I would like your advice on how to deal with it. I was parking in Tops Tiles car park, a place in which I have parked many times before free of charge and there have never previously been any parking restrictions. Today I decided to go and look for tiles for my bathroom. I noticed there were signs on the lamp posts and had a quick scan of what it said. It stated that parking was free as long as you didn't stay longer than 2hrs and you where shopping at the location and you didn't walk out of the carpark on foot. I knew I wasn't going to be very long so I got out of the car with my baby daughter and proceeded to head to the shop. The shop has closed it's entrance via the carpark since the last time I was there so I had to leave the car park on foot via the same way I drove in. When exiting on foot I noticed a sign in a neighbouring shop that caught my interest went to look at what it said spoke to someone then turned back and headed in to Tops tiles where I was in the shop for approximately 15-20 minutes. After making my purchase I came out I had a parking ticket stating Abused Patron Parking and saying I had to pay £60! I presume it was because I went and looked in another shop window for a few minutes before coming back to make my purchase at the shop I was parked at. I can't understand how I should have to pay a fine for £60 (increasing to £85 if I don't pay within 14 days) if the carpark is free in the first place and never used to have any restriction on it. Also, I didn't have any choice but to exit the carpark on foot as the shop now has the carpark entrance door stating for Staff use only and I didn't shop in the other store only looked at the window display and spoke to someone about it. It does say you can appeal but I'd like to get some advice please. I have a receipt for my purchase with the date and time as proof I was in the store and the time difference between the ticket being issued and my purchase is 21 minutes. Also the car I was driving isn't registered to me but to my husband so could he get into trouble for this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi as lamma says ignore them and if by any miss chance they were daft enough to try to take you to court (normal excuse is breach of contract you made by parking) then I believe that due to tile shop now using another entrance that the contract as on the notice is void.

So again ignore, ignore they will send a few letters no response required.

dpick

Thanks for the replies. Do you think I should contact Topps Tiles to complain?

I'm a bit nervous about doing just nothing but at the same time there is no way on earth that I will pay this parking ticket. I've read in some posts that people have gone to the police, what can they do?

I have knowledge of Central Ticketing and their operations, I received one of their tickets sometime ago and a friendly reminder letter.

I did some digging on the company - got directors details from Companies House then via internet looked up the details of the directors, it was very interesting.

For example did you know Dean Key who is a director has a few CCJs outstanding to another private parking company so he obviously does not pay his tickets either.

Central Ticketing, the company, have a few outstanding CCJs also.

None of the directors are SIA registered, but their company used to be a clamping company which indicates they went to ticketing when the SiA regulations came into effect, I presume for the reason they could not pass the SiA test because they are too thick or have a criminal past or both.

I ignored them and they went away, it was a shame as I was looking forward to asking them certain questions in court.

I have knowledge of Central Ticketing and their operations, I received one of their tickets sometime ago and a friendly reminder letter.

Did you not hear anything again after that? Could I end up with a CCJ? Can that affect your credit rating?

Thanks for the replies. Do you think I should contact Topps Tiles to complain?

Yep, write a letter to Topps showing your disgust .

Did you not hear anything again after that? Could I end up with a CCJ? Can that affect your credit rating?

Only *if* they went to court *and* you didn't defend (or you lost) *and* you still refused to pay.

Chances of court are miniscule. Plus the fact that they would have a very slim chance of winning anyway.

The parking company don't want to go to court anyway - it's too risky for them and the time and effort required makes no business sense. You can't run a business by paying to go to court everyday and spending your working week in courtrooms up and down the country!

It's all about profit remember - they want you to think you'll get a CCJ so that you will be scared into paying up. It's a percentages game anyway - they only need half the people to pay up to make good money.

For example did you know Dean Key who is a director has a few CCJs outstanding to another private parking company so he obviously does not pay his tickets either.

What PPC was this? Combined Parking Solutions by any chance? Not that a PPC would ever try to get one over on its competitor that is doing rather better than it, of course.

What PPC was this? Combined Parking Solutions by any chance? Not that a PPC would ever try to get one over on its competitor that is doing rather better than it, of course.

Could I suggest reading the thread before asking irrelevant questions? Saves everybody's time really.

From post #1 - OP's post

I received a parking ticket today from Central Ticketing and I would like your advice on how to deal with it.

Patdavies I was asking which PPC had obtained the CCJ against the CT Director as referred to by Suzan(sorry I mean Dell)9390. You should not be so quick to attack. Of course I will be shocked when the CCJ judgement is revealed to be awarded to none other than our all-time favourite pipsqueak PPC.

• 1 year later...

I too, today 6/6/10 recieved a Parking Ticket from the above company, although the ticket was issued to me saying I was parked on private land owned by a company, the land I was actually was parked on was someone else's land infront of a steel fence with parking restrictions on that fence refering to the company behind the steel fence. (If that makes Sense)?

And as I have read on this forum, I too will use the advice you all seem to give out, I just thought i'd high light my situation. But please feel free to add your comment.

Also, they never put a reason on the ticket as to why I have a ticket.

Regards Matt.

Edited by 3hZ

Don't worry about Central Ticketing. They "patrol" our underground parking garage and I've received four tickets from them since we moved in in September 2009. For three of them (the fourth was quite recent so I'm awaiting some junk) so far I've received their standard begging letters, then Roxburghe Debt Collectors standard template, and then a couple from Graham White.

On each occasion they've given up and it's now been roughly 3 months since they've bothered. Ignoring them DOES WORK.