Our old friends Cabot and Hodsons

MIKEY46
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5702 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could anybody give me some advice as to my next course of action with our old friends Cabot and Hodsons.To cut a long story short Cabot via Hodsons issued a county court claim for an old Barclaycard account of mine which I had defaulted on, and which they claim they had acquired from BC.I have defended all the claim as it was issued in Northampton bulk centre it has been transferred to my local county court and we had got to the stage of the allocation questionnaire from my local court.

However in the past couple of days I have had two interesting letters one from Hodsons and one from Cabot. The letter from Hodsons says that Cabot are prepared to withdraw proceedings subject to both parties paying their own costs and if I agree they will notify the court and serve Discontinuance of Proceedings. The letter from Cabot with the identical date states that they are recalling the account from their records!!BC refunded some charges on the account after it was passed to Cabot and they claim this resulted in an incorrect balance, they state any future queries should be directed to BC.

Can anybody make sense of what’s going on and what my next course of action should be? I’m thinking of counterclaim, vexatious litigation, but basically trying to understand what these scumbags are up to?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Be aware I am not one of the legal eagles.

Could be that they have screwed up and want to back out without paying your costs. As I understand it however if it is discontinued, they can restart it any time they like.

David

Why should you have to pay your own costs for something that is not your fault? Let them take you to court, make fools themselves in front of a judge which will lead to him throwing it out and preventing them from taking any further action. You could then apply for your costs which means the whole episode will have cost them money.

hmmm....don't belive anything they say..It's is not unknown for poeple to get a letter from a DC|A saying a clam is discontinued only to find that the court action happened anyway and the credtor lost by not turning up...I agree with Nailpost...They have nothing and you should go for costs but in the end it's up to you...Good luck matey..

:)** Any opinion expressed by me is given with the best intentions - But I could be wrong so bear that in mind**:)

Missed Call Checker - http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/077/m

Does anybody have an idea as to what a court would consider reasonable costs to issue in a wasted costs claim that is what can be claimed for and what sort of tariff can be placed for things like letters sent etc.

Many thanks for any ideas.

Sounds like once again they don't have the documents (what a surprise) - these lot & others like them depend on people not going to court and the Northampton Bulk Centre nodding claims through - big government moneyspinner as the hapless claimant has to pay costs for zero court time. Isn't it time we all got together & pushed for a change in the law that would make it compulsory for anyone holding Consumer Credit License to have all the required documents available to prove the case before initiating a County Court claim and requiring them to send copies of any documents they would rely on in court along with the claim? (They are supposed to do this already) DCA's have been allowed to become lazy & grow fat under the current regime as they are OFT fee paying customers who also produce further revenue for the government in the way of court costs etc. They are essentially vultures who contribute nothing to society and feed purely on the misery of others and the sooner they can no longer function in their present form the better. I have no axe to grind regarding companies who chase properly owed debts and take pains to assemble the correct paperwork to support their claims and treat the debtors with a little, 'there but by the grace of god', respect.

These idiots at cabot and hodsons need to be put through the mill, as others have said they push through northampton court in the hope we dont defend. I seriously hope that you do take it to court as crapbot have had a couple of lucky decisions go there way recently where the've managed to sway the jude with their waffle. I think its time to put the boot in where it hurts.....

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.