FOS claim against Yorkshire Bank for old mortgage

wobbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5692 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Long story but here goes I reported Yorkshire Bank to the FOS for an old mortgage I was convinced was overpaid at redemption in 2003, The mortgage had a suspended repossession order on it. Below is the email I sent to the FOS regarding the complaints

Dear Sir,

Further to our telephone conversation on 21st October 2008 and your subsuquent letter dated 21st October 2008, please find attached documents relating to my issues with Yorkshire Bank Plc.

Please look closley at the repossession documents and you will see that the figures they are stating even at that time do not add up. Schedule 2 of the particulars of claim shows charges they applied to the account, it does not show any £10.00p per week fees, so they should not have reclaimed these at the date of repayment in full of the mortgage.

Also the order for possesion document state that the judgement was for £29376.10p, but on the mortgage statement for that date (17th January 2003) the balance Yorkshire bank have is £29897.73p on 31st January 2003. This is a differnce of £521.63p? Surely the courts decision is final.

The Mortgage arrears show as being paid in full on the mortgage statement page 3 dated 5th November 2003 a credit of £2179.63p would have more than cleared the mortgage arrears (approx £886 overpayment) Also on the mortgage statement on page 2 you can see a fee assess for £586.26p debited from the account on 3rd January 2003.

I would now request that Yorkshire Bank Plc repay the amount debited on 3rd January 2003 which was £586.26p along with the original overpayment we requested be returned to us of £719.78p, which was debited from the account on 12th March 2004. Totaling £1306.04p plus interest and compensation for our incovienences caused at your discrection.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards

Mrs Wobbles

Its all very confusing but basically they got suspended order judgement for £29376.10p, are they allowed to then add on other fees to this amount or is the judgement final?

• 2 weeks later...