1st credit SD issued , HBOS debt **WON _ SET ASIDE**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I let TS investigate a complaint on my behalf with 1stCretins and everything went fine.They totally backed off and have been very quiet cos everytime I have to write to them I advise them I'm now sending copies of all our correspondace to Trading Standards for their open file.:)

thanks everyone, I am sending my signed released form to the OFT today. Lets hope 1st Cretins, realise that they cannot waste the courts and our time.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

• 1 month later...

The saga continues, a year after attending court with 1st cretins, they are giving me the chance to pay a reduced sum.... but they still have not sent me an enforceable agreement. And to add insult to injury, they sent me a statement relating back to last year, showing that I had been paying them, when they told the court that I had not even communicated with them.

They have a statement at the bottom now, saying that you should complain to them first, before complaining to the OFT. Too late boys, already done it:razz::razz::razz:

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

Hi Lily

I, too, came up against 1st Credit and Connaught. On 19th Feb 2009 the OFT imposed 4 pages of conditions on these two in order to moderate their scandalous activities. My CCA request produced only a photostat copy of the invitation to apply for a Barclaycard received and signed by me in 1976. I have now stopped repayments and I have offered a one-off payment which I calculate to be the difference between what they paid Barclaycard for the debt, and the amount I have alredy paid them. I have attached precise conditions to this offer requiring their agreement IN WRITING. I have given them 14 days to reply, failing which I withdraw the offer and wait for them to attempt to enforce the unenforceable. I copy all their letters and my replies to the OFT, and I have just complained to TS that they have not complied with any single clause in their own published complaints procedure.

Like all DCA's they have lots to say, but few actual rights. Keep everything in writing (and keep copies) and refuse to talk on the phone.

Lastly, search this site on 1st Credit and you will find loads of info the help you. This link will take you to a press release, and at the top right is the actual notice in PDF for you to download and print (4 pages).

Keep fighting :D

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news/press/2009/20-09

Edited by luckysandpiper
link omitted/spelling

• 1 month later...

Connaught 1st credit have now sent me an offer that they will match any amount of money I pay????? Do they not realise that I would pay it all off if I had any spare money, just to get rid of them????

LilythePink

Connaught 1st credit have now sent me an offer that they will match any amount of money I pay????? Do they not realise that I would pay it all off if I had any spare money, just to get rid of them????

It's their 'good' side for the benefit of the OFT, but it makes you realise how little they probably paid for your debt when they can make offers like these.

LSP

I have a complaint in against them as well..... so I dont know why they are playing silly games??

Hi Lilly

Take a look at my own thread on 1stCredit and see how it compares with your experiences. "1st Credit (Finance) Reigate"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/190492-1st-credit-finance-reigate.html

Read your thread, it is very interesting that they try and get us to part with any money, even though they have no enforceable agreement??? They defaulted on my credit report twice, because the original creditor default was on it and then 1st Cretin's defaulted, so completely ruined my report as I have been waiting for it to drop off, as all my debts are now over six years old......

LilythePink

Read your thread, it is very interesting that they try and get us to part with any money, even though they have no enforceable agreement??? They defaulted on my credit report twice, because the original creditor default was on it and then 1st Cretin's defaulted, so completely ruined my report as I have been waiting for it to drop off, as all my debts are now over six years old......

I am not sure that 1stCredit have the right to default you again if you were actually paying them, but from my readings on here, getting defaults removed is exceedingly difficult.

One thing that I have found with 1st Credit is that their bookkeeping leaves a lot to be desired. They are currently telling me that a payment made by standing order in July 2009 was not recieved, and they want me to give them proof of receipt, as if I would send them a copy of my bank statement. They must think I was born yesterday :eek::lol:

LSP

Get your bank to write a letter proving the payment was made. Use a covering letter to 1st crud advising that your bank is writing the letter because you do not want them to know your banking details.

Even with a gammy leg :( this lady is still a mine of information. Thanks BB, but I am content (for the time being) to let Crudders do their own searching. If they persist, I will follow your teachings (as always) :lol:.

Get well soon

LSP

PS as of the 7th December they are out of time with my CPR anyway !

Edited by luckysandpiper
postscript

• 8 months later...

Hi

Just got a letter from 1st Credit, saying they have been monitoring my credit report and note a change in my circumstances, well I would like to know, have a won a lot of money somewhere, as I monitor my own credit report and I can see no change in the last 6 years.....

Payplan has a dmp for me, and at the moment I am paying a token payment.

Considering this dca brought me to court and I had to get the court order set aside, because they said I had not communicated with them....

I reported them to the FSA.....

What can I write back to them???

Nice website?:Cry:

LilythePink

Report them straight to the Information Commissioner and the OFT and Trading Standards via Consumer Direct, it is very naughty of them to do this and they know it....

I dont know if they are still under investigation but report them for harrassment and breaching the data protection act, there is no real valid reason for them to regularly monitor your credit report

Thank you very much for this!

During my recent battles with HFO, Equifax etc, . I have noticed that 1st Credit have been recording searches on my credit files also. I have been through my shredder bag and found some spam letters from them similar to the one you have received but none recently although there are recent searches. I will therefore fire off some complaints about these people. it appears that OFT did 'name and shame' this DCA particularly, in one of their press releases.

Also like the web site

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

Yes they have been reported, and there was a documentary on tv, about their practices of harrassement, but they still don't learn....

LilythePink

• dx100uk changed the title to 1st credit failed SD now chasing again - HBOS card