style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here is a suggestion that could provide another revenue stream for the CAG, without needing anyone to directly contribute money.

Affiliate programs.

Affiliate programs allow people to promote other peoples' products for a commission. They are nearly always free to join. Virtually everything can be bought through an affiliate program. One of the first affiliate programs, and one of the largest, is the one run by Amazon.

Amazon sells a lot more than just books. I suspect most of us have bought from there at some time. There are other affiliate programs like Commission Junction which are even larger and have even more variety.

Everybody on this buys something at some time. If these purchases were make online using CAG affiliate links, then the CAG would be paid a commission. The purchase would not cost the buyer any more money than if they bought direct.

I would certainly be prepared to buy anything I wanted through a CAG affiliate link, and I would be very surprised if I am the only one.

Any thoughts, anybody?

SH

I would say that the first thing that would be said against it(not saying I agree BTW) is that it could bring into question CAG's impartiality. In addition, it would require the allowing of commercial links(e.g. the posting of a link to a certain Amazon product in a related thread), which is against the current rules and would again be promoting certain products ahead of others.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Impartiality would not be affected as giant affiliate network like Amazon and CJ sell thousands of products from thousands of retailers. No recommendations of any kind need be made or implied.

There is no actual need to link to any products, the links can just go to categories from which the consumer can then make a choice. Or even to have any commercial banners on the site itself. All it would need is an affiliate program set up on a CAG account and the whole thing could be administered from a separate site, again with no recommendations made or implied.

I do take the point, though, and I can see entirely where you are coming from.

SH

As I say - not neccessarily saying I agree(I dont for the record), just rolling out the "obvious" reply before someone else does.

My personal feeling is that it is a good idea, but "small potatoes" in many ways - in particular, I feel the usage will be limited.

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!