style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an thought.....

Would a flowchart of the step by step process to take from intital DPA/phone call request for statements through to going to court, including links to the letters, etc in the library at each stage be of any use?

May help newcomers to the site now that it's growing so rapidly.

Sunseeker

Smile: £2,522 full payment received,

Citi Cards: £693.71 balance written off. Full value of Court claim,

West Brom Building Society: DPA request sent 15.05.06,

Capital 1: £220 claimed LBA sent 15.05.06.

Barclaycard: DPA request sent 16.05.06

Interesting idea - although at present I would be opposed to links as I think that it is important to encourage people to read the material.

We are already dealing with over 30 people a day who clearly just want to be told what to do. It's time consuming. If we had a linked flowchart I think that it would increase the problem as the flowchart could only deal with the general approach and would not be able to deal with the minutiae. But it would encourage poeple not to read around and would lead to more questions about matters which have already been dealt with elsewhere.

This forum is partly about empowering people. Not about encouraging them to continue some kind of bland spinelessness.

So flowchart - good

Links - bad

Just an thought.....

Would a flowchart of the step by step process to take from intital DPA/phone call request for statements through to going to court, including links to the letters, etc in the library at each stage be of any use?

May help newcomers to the site now that it's growing so rapidly.

Sunseeker

Sunseeker, i've already sent a proposal for this kind of thing to the admins. I understand that they are reviewing this atm.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

I would agree with Bankfodder. If it becomes too easy, people will not learn enough to hold their end up if it comes to appearing in court.I can only speak of my own experience of course, but I'm learning something new every day and deepening my understanding of what I know.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Smile: £2,522 full payment received,

Citi Cards: £693.71 balance written off. Full value of Court claim,

West Brom Building Society: DPA request sent 15.05.06,

Capital 1: £220 claimed LBA sent 15.05.06.

Barclaycard: DPA request sent 16.05.06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks