0% interest accounts

wereontoyounow
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anybody advise?

account opened in March for 0% 1st statement came I paid by payment due date but have been charged interest as initial letter sent in March says that 0% interest should be paid by statement date. I don't even know if I had received statement by the date I should have paid.

March was a long time ago.

sorry, can you give more detail, did you open a credit card account? when did you open it? what were the terms etc etc

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I opened this card a long time ago but was offered 0% interest credit on new purchases from May 2008 until statement date September 4th 2008. The offer was made by a letter I did not sign any further agreement. The September statement came and I paid off the credit card in full by the September payment date ( having completely forgotton that I was supposed to pay by the statement date to receive 0% interest) I have now been charged interest. Surely a reminder with the statement to pay by the statement date not the payment date would have prevented this error. I am not even sure if the September statement arrived before the statement date. The October statement certainly did not arrive before the statement date.

I hope this is clearer

Hi I see what you mean now, if there was going to be any reminder it would have been with the August statement, once you accepted their offer, I am sorry, but the onus is upon you to keep an eye on the dates, how else are they going to rake in all that lovely interest? FWIW I took out an Argos store card earlier this year because I wanted to buy myself an expensive toy, so it was the buy now pay in 6 months, I DID keep an eye on the statement day and payed it off in time thus accruuing no no interest, I can see that it is easily done though, but I don't think that they HAVE to remind you.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed