The HPV Vaccine - is it a good idea ?

PriorityOne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think people should be careful this doesn't turn into another "MMR causes autism" fiasco.

One girl dies, she had the vaccine, parents desperate for an answer to "why our daughter?" will leap to any conclusion however far-fetched.

Of course, I am sure the media will be eager to give us a well-balanced, non-sensationalistic coverage. Won't they? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a new vaccine.... and seeing as the Gov. want us to trust it so much, then it must be ok, mustn't it? :rolleyes:
No need to get so sarky about it, P1. Of course not, simply because the government says so doesn't make it ok. I spend a lot of time trying to educate people about statins and how potentially dangerous they are, I am a fierce defender of low-carb in opposition to all the "fat causes fat, death etc"... propaganda, I keep on telling people that "5 a day" is a government slogan and catchphrase, not a medical fact.

But by the same token, all new medications needn't be treated with suspicion simply because the health department promotes its use. With that kind of thinking, TB and polio would still be rife, and of course, we all know what the MMR unwarranted scare has done for measles, don't we?

Humanly, 1 death of a teenage girl is one too many. But it happens. Statistically, however, it seems unlikely that that one death and the vaccine are linked. Having said that, of course, it is possible that the poor girl's PMH caused an adverse reaction, we simply don't know.

Medical trial by the Daily Mail or the Sun. MUCH more credible than the Health Service. :razz:

Well P1 and I have had the odd argument or 2 about Ritalin, so I won't start again on here... But don't throw the baby with the bathwater. On genuine ADHD, you should hear what the parents have to say, it literally makes the difference between a child who can be managed and one who can't. Mis-diagnosis of ADHD and subsequent prescription of Ritalin is a different subject altogether. ;-)

MsW, with a nick like yours, you can be as odd as you like, I would forgive you anyway. I've got a really good avatar for you to use too:

weatherwax.jpg

;-)

• 3 weeks later...