need to know what the next step is!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ive followed the precedure on the site for claiming back the charges using the template letters and the halifax have sent back a lengthy letter which ultimately states they will pay £335 as 'a gesture of goodwill'. they owe £2335. im just not too sure what to do next. is there a letter template to send them to refuse this as i cant seem to find one on the website? can anyone help?

:confused:

ive followed the precedure on the site for claiming back the charges using the template letters and the halifax have sent back a lengthy letter which ultimately states they will pay £335 as 'a gesture of goodwill'. they owe £2335. im just not too sure what to do next. is there a letter template to send them to refuse this as i cant seem to find one on the website? can anyone help?

:confused:

hi bantam,

this is a reply from your preliminary letter?

if yes then wait 14 days since you sent the preliminary, and then send letter before action,

this is standard reply, in your letter before action add a bit where appropriate

that you will accept this offer only as part payment, and will continue to pursue the balance. do not accept this as full and final settlement, only partial

hope this helps

Halifax preliminary letter sent 17/05/06 charges £2661.00

Bog Standard blah blah blah letter received 22nd May 2006.

received lengthy letter dated 24th May 2006 offering £605 pah!

letter before action sent registered 5th June 2006

letter received in response to lba offering £1801.00 errrrr no ta

court action filed 23rd June 2006

deemed served to bank on25th June 2006

notice of acknowledgement of service has been filed

they intend to defend

7th july received letter PAYING IN FULL!!!

10th July cash deposit £112.58

10th July cash deposit £2869.00

:D :D :D :D

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL

I also have eventually received a reply from the Halifax offering a goodwill gesture of £ 91.00 in full and final settlement following the issue of the letter before action. I am claiming £ 429.00.

The 14 day period expires on Thursday 20th July upon which i will have to issue court proceedings. I am quite nervous about this and would be grateful if anyone has any advice.

Many thanks

Laura Mc :-|

Have a good read of the FAQs and templates especially looking at the Moneyclaim stage. Get yourself confident in the process and a have a read here of other threads that have gone through this stage so that you can see how they coped (and won!). :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Thank you - i will do!

Do you think i should respond to their letter saying i will accept the £ 91.00 as part payment and will be issuing court proceedings for the remainder within the 14 day time frame as indicated in the LBA.

Appreciate your help and advice

Laura

It's optional - the arrival of the summons might let them know how you think about their offer! :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

yes i have sent the peliminary letter. so am i right in thinking the next step for me is to send an edited version of the LBA in 14 days, stating i accept the £335 as a part payment only but will be pursuing the rest? sorry to be a pain i just want to get it right.

That's correct. :)

Jeep (The Wife & I)