Orange problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter's mum recently got an orange 3g broadband dongle (against the advice of every right-minded individual she knows). She decided to return it within the 14 days cooling-off period, but was told they couldn't cancel it as they didn't have the correct personal details down on her account (her occupation was wrong IIRC). Why they needed to have this info is beyond me, yet they have requested faxes of her birth cert./passport etc, which she has sent via fax seven times to different people in different departments. Needless to say, these are never handed to the intended recipients, or, one day they will advise that the paperwork has arrived and is being dealt with, the next that they haven't received anything at all. The 14 days is well past now, so orange are being even more intransigent, if that is possible. I don't have the full info to hand, but I'll edit this if I find out I've left out some important details. Can anyone recommend a contact for an office where she can write/email to get something done, as customer services are useless. I'm thinking it's time for an executive email carpet bombing campaign. I'm going get copies of all correspondence, times, dates, parties involved etc and send them off as attachments, but to whom?

why not go into your local orange shop and deal with it there to a human being?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also, why does this forum eat my paragraph spaces? I like to break text up so I don't look like a rambling crazy person :)

The text editor used on these forums will not allow more than one space if followed by more text.

If you want to break your text up into paragraphs, press enter twice to give you a blank line, as I have just done.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...

This might help:

recently had problems with orange giving me refurbished phones so demanded a new one. they relented and said yes only to go back on their word. i recorded the conversations i had and threatened trading standards action. Got a trading standards case number and whent back to orange.what they didn't like was the fact i was close to time for free upgrade but i wanted a brand new replacement before then. They accused me of lying on the phone and even demanded private phone numbers of my customers to see if my mobile was faulty or not - something that is totally against the law i'm sure. When i told them i'd recorded the lot panic set in. Ended up with a sony ericcson C902, Nokia N95 8GB and a Jawbone headset! Allways get a name, try to record the conversation and threaten trading standards - they don't like it!!!

This might help:

recently had problems with orange giving me refurbished phones so demanded a new one. they relented and said yes only to go back on their word. i recorded the conversations i had and threatened trading standards action. Got a trading standards case number and whent back to orange.what they didn't like was the fact i was close to time for free upgrade but i wanted a brand new replacement before then. They accused me of lying on the phone and even demanded private phone numbers of my customers to see if my mobile was faulty or not - something that is totally against the law i'm sure. When i told them i'd recorded the lot panic set in. Ended up with a sony ericcson C902, Nokia N95 8GB and a Jawbone headset! Allways get a name, try to record the conversation and threaten trading standards - they don't like it!!!

Close to a free upgrade? sounds like a phone at least a year old, so only entitled to a 'like for like' replacment under insurance? if getting an upgrade then why need another brand new? how much will the brand new replacement get sold for? how much greed can a business handle?

Its actions like this that will probably lead Orange to go the same way as all the other networks. = responsible if supplied for SOGA period, REFURBISHED replacement, then, get it sent of for repair under manufacturers warranty (so no replacement) or take out other insurance through a 3rd party, you pay through the nose for with a minimum £25 excess fee every claim.

and guaranteed it will be the network that will get the blame for bad CS!! just as voda and T-mobile did when they couldnt sustain the costs of these unwarranted demands.

let the indignation begin!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

• 2 weeks later...
why not go into your local orange shop and deal with it there to a human being?

dx

I think she's tried that. I'm gonna recommend trading standards, plus a request for *every* bit of data they have on her.