when does the tax disk database update?

tifo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My road tax ran out yestarday 30/09/08 midnight and i purchased another 6 months at 4pm at my local Post Office, the same day.

On checking the DVLA database today at DVLA Vehicle Licensing Online | Home, it shows as tax expired and has not updated to the new renewal date of 01/04/09, even though i have bought a new tax disk on the expiry day and paid for it via debit card (money has gone from my bank). I have a receipt and the tax disk number.

If i am driving around today, i would show as untaxed to an ANPR camera, even though this is not true. I've rang the PO and asked when does it update, and they said 'the same evening' and not to worry as i have a valid tax disk and the receipt.

Any advice please?

What advice are you looking for? Even if it did show untaxed to an ANPR camera (which I doubt), then it doesn't matter as you have a valid tax disc.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

you're right, i have a valid tax disk bought from the post office and paid for by debit card. That's why the PO said don't worry about it.

i'd rather save myself the hassle of being stopped.

what i was asking is does anyone know how long it takes the database to be updated (immediately, 1 day etc)?

last time i bought it in April, it updated the next day.

Advice =

Drive on. If you get stopped, tell them your legal and to get their system sorted. Tell them you intend to drive off in 5 minutes, and if they want to stop you, then they will have to arrest you, and if they do you'll sue them and DVLA for wrongful arrest.

Advice =

Drive on. If you get stopped, tell them your legal and to get their system sorted. Tell them you intend to drive off in 5 minutes, and if they want to stop you, then they will have to arrest you, and if they do you'll sue them and DVLA for wrongful arrest.

Are we filming a new series of the Sweeney?

The OP would just need to show them the tax disc...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Whilst SCORN's guidance sounds more fun, I am sure jonni2bad is more practical. Remember if the police stop you because of a suggestion on ANPR I am sure they will proceed on that basis. i.e. ANPR has suggested there may be a problem with your tax. On stopping you the first thing they will (should?) do is check the state of your tax disk. They will find it is there and valid.... job done. :)

well ... it's updated, now shows not due yet and expires next year.

took 2 days though for something that's done that evening ....

thanks for all the replies.

Would it not save everyone a whole load of aggro', if the tax disc was of a type, and in a location that the camera could record along with the reg. no.?????? Also an insurance and MOT cert. But that would be to easy!!

Would it not save everyone a whole load of aggro', if the tax disc was of a type, and in a location that the camera could record along with the reg. no.?????? Also an insurance and MOT cert. But that would be to easy!!

And impossible - it is the driver who is insured, not the vehicle. There is no statutory duty to insure a vehicle in the UK.

The MoT certificate is already electronically tied to the VRM by the VOSA database. It is already used by ANPR. It is also used when applying for VED disk on-line. Having something camera-readable attached to the car is just a waste of time and money.

I think you will find the police charge is for Failing to Display a valid vehicle excise license, not failing to have one. You can be charged for not having one, however it would take a real bad traffic officer to do you for it if you have the valid proof with you.

My advice is if you dont have a tax disc on the car and you can get round without the use of your car then dont use it.

My advice is if you dont have a tax disc on the car.

I have a tax disk displayed, i bought it from the PO. It just wasn't showing as valid at DVLA for a few days.

The lesson here is that this could happen with anyone who renews road tax and may get stopped by ANPR the next day as it hasn't updated with DVLA.

Are we filming a new series of the Sweeney?

:lol::lol: LOL! :lol::lol:

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

I have a tax disk displayed, i bought it from the PO. It just wasn't showing as valid at DVLA for a few days.

The lesson here is that this could happen with anyone who renews road tax and may get stopped by ANPR the next day as it hasn't updated with DVLA.

I would just point out that Police ANPR doesn't use the DVLA database in real time. It uses the PNC, which is updated at intervals from DVLA.

Even if the DVLA database had updated instantly, ANPR would still have triggered and may have resulted in a stop. Display of the current VED disk would have ended the matter. This is one of the reasons that VED disks are still issued - because the databases do not work in real time.