Credit Report - Clearing Up??

davey_weir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right

I have printed my credit report out, and I understand it....most of it.

But, how do I clear things up on it, such as old searches from 2005, an account settled in 2005, an o2 file which is currently in dispute etc?

Please help me, its hindering me and causing me to have whopper interest rates on my car!

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

Hi

searches from 2005 should not be showing on your file now, they drop off your file after six months with experian not sure about equifax though.

Settles account remain on there for six years from the date the account was SETTLED or CLOSED not opened.

The best way to improve your credit is to get a very small loan or credit card with low credit limit, pay for you petrol or little things like that and pay the FULL bill when your statement arrives. Check you are registered on the electoral roll and the information on your file is correct.

Try to keep the number of searches you do to not more that apx 6 per year as too many searches for credit applications will lower your score.

Unfortunatley the credit agencies wont just remove a disputed entry on their files although this is what they should do until proven otherwise. They will however add a notice of correction on your file to tell anyone who searches your file or who has searched it in the previous six months that the entry is under dispute and careful consideration should be giving when assesing his or her creditworthiness.

hope this helps

Ok so how could I clear the searches from my file, as it looks really untidy!

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

Searches are automatically deleted after 12 months so the info you refer to cannot be a search. It could be something like an 'association' if you applied jointly for something or a link to another address but these things don't affect your credit score.