1st Credit Claimform - MBNA debt i never had - **DISCONTINUED**

AnimalMagic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received the papers from the court.

It includes a witness statement from a paralegal at LCS Solicitors.

They state that a payment was made into the account in nov 2002, but provide no proof.

They also claim that they have sent all information to me. What I have received is an illegible document which looks like an application form for another company credit card account, a couple of internal documents which they claim are 'closing statements', a page printed from the web about MBNA acquiring Alliance and Leicester, a letter from MBNA to 1st Crud, a letter from MBNA to myself back in 2005.

They state I have no prospect of defending this claim.

In the letter from MBNA to 1st Crud, the writer claims that they no longer have historical data as the information is held on CD ROM and they are unable to recover it as CD ROMS 'become damaged after repeated use'...

Are the closing statements any evidence whatsoever?

Do they have any prospect of winning this?

Except they started action in Nov 2008 and they claim, but fail to provide proof, that a payment was made on the account in Nov 2002.

You need to respond to each of the points in their Witness statement.

Almost certainly you need to put them to strict proof that a payment was made in 2002.

Have you been given a court date for the SJ ? You will need to have your witness statement to the court and them 7 days before the hearing.

I wonder if there is a time by when they have to act on the original claim.. a year later asking for a SJ seems odd ?

I guess that is somethng you could address in your witness statement as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Almost certainly you need to put them to strict proof that a payment was made in 2002.

I will deal with this as well, however I think the key here is that the agreement number doesn't match up with the original application/agreement and they have not made any connection. Without an agreement, they cannot enforce, no?

In their witness statement, they are claiming the agreement number was allocated to the account, but the original agreement is chase manhattan and the agreement number is MBNA (identified by the first 4-6 digits). It has been hand written on the application/agreement, but could not possibly have been allocated to that account.

I will deal with this as well, however I think the key here is that the agreement number doesn't match up with the original application/agreement and they have not made any connection. Without an agreement, they cannot enforce, no?

In their witness statement, they are claiming the agreement number was allocated to the account, but the original agreement is chase manhattan and the agreement number is MBNA (identified by the first 4-6 digits). It has been hand written on the application/agreement, but could not possibly have been allocated to that account.

They shouldnt be able to .. no

These account numbers are a nightmare. They cant just change them I would have thought. An agreement cannot be altered after signature. They should have got you to sign a new one I think.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

As regards their statement that CD roms get damaged, check out Kodak or any manufacturer. Their results from accelerated aging tests say they will last up to 100 years. So if it were me, I would ask which make of CD rom they have your data on, then hit them with the info from the manufacturer, I'd make it a point of humiliation to the paralegal for trying such a cretinous statment.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have just received this morning an offer from 1st Credit to clear outstanding debt by paying just 25%. They've increased the amount they claim I owe by about £400, but are giving me a wopping 75% discount on a debt I know nothing about... How generous!

Sadly the deadline is 31 Oct..., too bad :D

I have just received this morning an offer from 1st Credit to clear outstanding debt by paying just 25%. They've increased the amount they claim I owe by about £400, but are giving me a wopping 75% discount on a debt I know nothing about... How generous!

Sadly the deadline is 31 Oct..., too bad :D

They might give you an extension on that deadline if you were interested:rolleyes::D

BCOBS

I'm back from court. The judge threw out their application for summary judgement and gave them another 6 weeks to provide the information! Their own evidence says they don't have it, but they still get extra time...!:-?:evil:

Seemed to feel the illegible agreement was fine, even though it was for a different company and different account number...

In their evidence, letter from MBNA saying they couldn't access the records as the CDRom had worn out. I asked the judge how they knew a transaction had taken place (stated in their statement of truth) just within the 6 year limitation period when they couldn't access the transactions...

It seems they can lie with impunity so I don't hold much hope for perjury :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Received court order saturday, initially I thought what a waste of time, but then on second reading today I noticed

All the original documents must be bought to the court on the day of the trial

followed by

If you do not comply, the trial may not proceed and you may have to pay wasted costs order.

I think I might now understand the sly grin the Judge gave me...

• 2 weeks later...

Biffinplate

My Lass - Barclays Bank

MCOL 24/10/06 £2524.47 + 40p per day

Court date 5th March 07

Barclays offer to settle in full, Just waiting for my cheque

Me - Barclays Bank

MCOL 8/11/06 £2155.17 + 34p per day

Court date 4th April 07

Court bundles delivered 26/02/07

RBS - Sorted

Cap One - Sorted & default removed, just waiting for cheque

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent

• 3 weeks later...
Got my answer today - notice of discontinuance...

So how do I go about a wasted costs order?

Excellent news. :D

I will change your title for you. 42man has popped some links in the previous post for wasted costs. :D

Edited by citizenB
amended title

BCOBS

Reading part 38 I note:

38.6.(3)This rule does not apply to claims allocated to the small claims track.

Would it not be better to quote part 27.14 which is specific to small claims?

If I apply to the courts for a wasted costs order is there a form? Or do I just send a letter?

Here you go, a few links to Wasted Costs.

WASTED COSTS THREADS

Have a look at the pdf's that Surfaceagentx20 has attached at the bottom of the post on a letter for wasted costs -

Surfaceagentx20 wasted costs

also

Liabilty for Costs CPR 38.6

Sharpman v Nationwide credit card services ***WON WITH WASTED COSTS***

Welcome/Cohens - case withdrawn ***WOO-HOO ***

have a look at this post by IGNM on costs as well -

IGNM post on costs

BCOBS

• dx100uk changed the title to 1st Credit Claimform - MBNA debt i never had - **DISCONTINUED**