Woolwich/Barclays Problems

sauheil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did Barclays refuse to accept payment of any kind?

If the case has been passed to an adjudicator it will have a degree of merit, however please don’t take this as any indication that your complaint will be upheld. I am entering my second year with the FOS, and if I am honest, the whole process has been shambolic.

Thanks for your reply. Barclays did not give us the correct sort code in order to make the payment.There are regular payments made inrto this account for the mortgage but there has always been a shortfall due to the increse in the interest rate.

regards

Sauheil

This is a mortgage account only?

With an SO/DD from another account. The reason I am asking you this is because if there was any way you could have made additional payments into the account the FO will consider that in his determination. £6700 is a lot of charges over a year, has the problem with the account been rectified now?

Also have you informed the FO adjudicator of the pending order? You should have a name and direct line of the person who is looking into this for you.

This is called openplan.We have a lump sum at our disposal to use. Next to this there is the initial mortgage to our house,this is where we pay in monthly.Due to the increase of the interest rate, there had been a monthly shortfall . When we went to barclays to pay,we were not given the proper information ie. sort code and new account numbers because of the takeover of Woolwich.

The ombudsman is still studying the case.The adjudicator was only assigned a couple of weeks ago, so all the time when there was no adjudicator assigned we were charged penalties hence the accumulated amount

Regards

Sauheil

Hi, sauheil.

I'll move this thread to the Repossessions Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If you have taken all reasonable steps to pay and were prevented from doing so by the bank, your complaint should be upheld.

I would phone, and speak directly to the assigned adjudicator,FO cases are assigned on a time frame but if the case is time sensitive with a degree of urgency such as yours it can be looked into on that basis.

And if the problem has been rectified and you are making the correct payments now, the adjudicator can contact the bank and ask for a delay until he has completed the investigation.

Like I said before the case has some merit or it would not have been assigned.

Good Luck and keep us all informed.