HBOS and OH's card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
I have nothing to add, but look what I found for an avatar!!:D:D

Brilliant, Lexis, it is so... you:razz:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Righty ho peops, after getting a bit miffed with RW in September, they have finally got back to me with.....yep, you guessed it....another application form!

This is my response

I am in receipt of your letter dated 26th October, sent by 2nd Class post and reaching me today.

Thank you for sending me yet another copy of an Application form, this brings the total up to 4 copies for my collection of illegible and void-of-any-prescribed-terms Application forms from the Bank of Scotland.

I have enclosed a copy of the Application form you have sent me (it being very slightly being of a better quality than the last three), and as soon as you highlight all of the prescribed terms, please ensure it is sent back to me. If you could also make page 2 legible that would be appreciated.

When you can not do this please ensure the matter is handed back the the Bank of Scotland so that they may unlawfully harass me personally rather than passing it on to a third party such as yourselves.

As you seem intent on asking for payment for this unenforceable account, I will reiterate that you will of course be aware I have absolutely no intention of paying money to you, or anyone else who can not prove they own the alleged debt, or indeed that I owe it.

The only further correspondence I expect to receive from you is acknowledgement you are not pursuing this and have passed my details back to HBOS.

I trust this outlines my position clearly.

Quite honestly I'm getting a bit tired of this nonsense, so I'm going to be trying a different tack next which I'm really hoping will have a better reaction from hbos. It really does begger belief this. They have no agreement, only this form which I've had in various forms of legibility and size, they've defaulted OH at least twice now, neither time giving enough days for remedy, and terminated twice unlawfully. All this, and they are STILL insisting they are right. I just don't get how any company is allowed to behave in such a blatantly reprehensible (and unlawful) manner.

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I have found that a healthy dose of sarcasm works wonders with these cretins, Lexis.. especially with the DCAs. I have a reply from one such company suggesting that I was being a little harsh :rolleyes::eek: However, they did return it to HBOS :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

That is such a great letter.

Can't remember if I told you what they tried with me?

Had a BOS card and didn'r realise that Halifax were connected. Halifax sent me an application form for 0% including balance transfers so I sent it in and got refused - after all, why would BOS let me move to Halifax and get 0% interest? That was in 2005.

Earlier this year when I CCA'd BOS, they sent a copy of my signature agreeing to their terms on the Halifax application form.

Wrote back to Blair Oliver and Scott pointing this out, and haven't heard a word since.

DDxx

Just their process Lexis. They cannot acknowledge that they are in the wrong. I have a recent letter from them, stating that the application form that they have supplied is fine, however they will look for the executed agreement and until then, they will not enforce but continue with debt collection and reporting to CRA's.

Thanks chaps:)

I know it's just how they work, and that they can't be seen to be just letting people 'away' with stuff, but for god's sake, they've kept this up for a year and a half now, I think they've made their point:mad:

Anyway, I need to slightly amend that letter as the grammar and layout is a bit skewed (first draft, and I was hacked off about something else when I wrote it:rolleyes:), then I'll get it off to them.

I am just wondering, is it worth saying that I won't respond to anything else from them? It goes very against the grain for me as I like to be able to show I've tried to explain things, but really, it's just such a round robin now I'm beginning to feel a sentence saying that I don't have the time to answer template letters any more might be ok?

Thanks chaps:)

I know it's just how they work, and that they can't be seen to be just letting people 'away' with stuff, but for god's sake, they've kept this up for a year and a half now, I think they've made their point:mad:

Anyway, I need to slightly amend that letter as the grammar and layout is a bit skewed (first draft, and I was hacked off about something else when I wrote it:rolleyes:), then I'll get it off to them.

I am just wondering, is it worth saying that I won't respond to anything else from them? It goes very against the grain for me as I like to be able to show I've tried to explain things, but really, it's just such a round robin now I'm beginning to feel a sentence saying that I don't have the time to answer template letters any more might be ok?

When I get to the really, really, fed up stage.. I just add "Until you respond fully to my complaint, your letters will be read and filed".

BCOBS

hiya guys,,, like it too CB,,, oh a naughty thought, and even feel like adding and "this is my latest reply even if not read by you,,,,"

sorry my mad humour today, keep it up lexis looking good

laters all angel x:p

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Another very good reply that I came across recently in the M&S forum was in this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/m-cards/168827-m-money-6.html#post2425003

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

The documentation provided to date by M&S Money fails to satisfy the requirements of CCA 1974 for reasons which I have set out before and need not repeat further.

I do not consider the account to be legally enforceable but, if you do, then no doubt you will take the matter to court. That is your prerogative but I will vigorously defend any such action.

You may consider this to be my final response in the matter.

with thanks to slick132

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Lexis 200

Been reading your excellent thread with great interest (my hubby is in the same position as your's). Exact copy of application sent in reply to CCA request however this is not from HSBO/BOS this is from Apex who they have sold it to.

I am about to adapt one of your letters (If that okay with you) to reply to them stating mere application form no terms or conditions on it or any sign of see overleaf for these.

Was wondering what stage you were at now with this company as there has been no posts since October 09.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

Hi AFW:)

Take whatever you want letter-wise, I hope it works for you!

After I told moorcroft to sod off in June we've not had anything of note go on on this account. I'm just doing a time-line for both this and the other BOS account (who have been rather more vocal, but no more effective in their annoyance:D) which I'll get off to the CEO to see if that gets me anywhere.

If that does nothing - and I'm not holding out much hope that it will! - I'm just going to ignore them, aside from claiming back charges that is.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Lexis:)