style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

URGENT HELP NEEDED

On monday a bailiff from a company called Jacobs came round about outstanding council tax, as i was expecting someone else i opened the door. I didnt let him in to the house but he put his foot in the door.

I went to the cab but they were confused as to whether he could now gain entry because of the foot in the door.

I am waiting for an appointment with a debt councillor from the cab but the bailiff is coming back today, can I still refuse to let him in or does the foot in the door thing mean i have to let him enter.

If you didnt sign anything then NO, you do not have to let him in EVER.

Its amazing that an organization like CAB dont even know their own policies on bailiffs.

HERE IT IS FOR THEM.

CAB CAMPAIGN ON BAILIFF REGULATIONS

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

If you didnt sign anything then NO, you do not have to let him in EVER.

Its amazing that an organization like CAB dont even know their own policies on bailiffs.

HERE IT IS FOR THEM.

CAB CAMPAIGN ON BAILIFF REGULATIONS

IF this character does turn up again, make sure that there are no doors or windows open through which he can sneak into your home. Put a note on the door saying something like this.

To Jacobs Bailiffs - A Legal Warning.

I have decided to exercise my legal right to deal with the council instead of your company and you are hereby instructed not to contact or attempt to contact me again.

I have not and will not let you into my home and will not, under any circumstances, sign a Walking Possession Order.

Should you attempt to harass me in any manner whatsoever, I shall take all legal measures available to me in order to ensure that your company and the offending bailiffs are charged and punished according to law.

DO NOT sign this in your own handwriting but use block capitals or write it out on a computer.

Contact the council and explain to them that you will only deal with them in future. Make all future payments direct to the local authority and pay them in manageable instalments on a regular basis. They cannot refuse your money.