Cleo v Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They do indeed Bigmac. Wasn't he in Leeds?:p

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Insomnia kicking in again Hils.:(

Anyway Cleo, Mr McKirdy's name gets mentioned lots of times in the YB successes forum, and can also be found here. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/yorkshire-bank-clydesdale-bank/3994-clydesdale-bank-contact-details.html?highlight=Neil+McKirdy#post49069

• Haha 1

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Evening all, Neil im sure is his first name, he refused to talk to me in the end as he couldnt answer what i was asking. ;) Then when they sent me someone elses bank book with tens of thousands of pounds in it by error and I went to the papers (as you do) he was on the phone to me for days and crawling, even got a payment for my honesty from him which I donated to kids charity. I will again speak to this man when I get me dosh back and remind him how they said they were not in the wrong.

I think you're right with the 0141 phone number. :)

I think you're right with the 0141 phone number. :)

Thanks - I have his details from the FOS. Have sent a bunch of letters to all areas - chasing up my claim, my complaint and also letting them know my circumstances have changed (hardship) as my husband has found work. I would imagine they will deny hardship status now?

Still waiting for final response (there is confusion who is actually dealing with complaint so have written to branch, customer enagagement Leeds, and Mr Mc at Glasgow. Let's see.

;) Ill say you have made progress, other day they said you could not have a payment arrangement didnt they? You must fill in the form as they asked and make a realistic payment offer, please do not promise them more than you can afford. It is tempting to do this as you will want to get this paid and off your mind but you do not get brownie points for overstretching yourself. You have turned the corner and are now in the winning straight. WELL DONE THAT THERE WOMAN!! :D

;) Ill say you have made progress, other day they said you could not have a payment arrangement didnt they? You must fill in the form as they asked and make a realistic payment offer, please do not promise them more than you can afford. It is tempting to do this as you will want to get this paid and off your mind but you do not get brownie points for overstretching yourself. You have turned the corner and are now in the winning straight. WELL DONE THAT THERE WOMAN!! :D

Hi again - when I wrote they did not respond but I think the FOS have written to them regarding my complaint. Also I put in the letter the fact that I had made reasonable repayment proposal would be looked upon favourably by any court

Are these in response to your LBA's. If so, they sound pretty standard, but it's your timetable and you should stick to it. It's not your problem if they're busy.;)

Are these in response to your LBA's. If so, they sound pretty standard, but it's your timetable and you should stick to it. It's not your problem if they're busy.;)

Hi Caro - no they are in response to my complaint about them not responding to my writing re: freezing/stopping charges and them just sending me a sheet on secured lending. The FOS have written to them. I wonder if they are just dragging their feet? Look like standard letters. They say I will have their final response in four weeks and if not happy can got to FOS again. If I don'g get any joy will file a court claim

Yip they have 8 weeks to deal with a complaint as per the FSA. If your next step is to contact the FOS then you will need the 8 weeks to have passed or to get the banks final response, whichever comes first before the FOS will look into it. If your intention is to file at court then as Caro has said its your time frame not theirs so you could file at court whenever.

Gobsmacked!!! I know it is not a lot of money but I received an offer today. My claim is for £2700 ish and they have offered me £575. They say the offer is entirely without prejudice but is not made in full and final settlement of the matter. My final overdraft amount is £2900 ish so I am unsure where I stand ? Bearing in mind I have asked to pay off said overdraft in instalments and account is "on hold" for 14 days can anyone give me any pointers please. I feel it is a moral victory

Well if you accept it dosent mean its F&F, but if you notify them of your intentions to accept then the account is no longer in dispute and the OD amount may be passed to a DCA if they dont like your offer. I would sort out your repayments and get it in writing first before deciding what to do with their offer. Have they said this amount will be paid to you or will it go towards the OD.

• Haha 1

Well if you accept it dosent mean its F&F, but if you notify them of your intentions to accept then the account is no longer in dispute and the OD amount may be passed to a DCA if they dont like your offer. I would sort out your repayments and get it in writing first before deciding what to do with their offer. Have they said this amount will be paid to you or will it go towards the OD.

Hi Bigmac - they sent me a letter previously regarding repayment proposals - but omitted the income/expenditure form thay asked me to fill in. I e-mailed them to send one but no response so will have to write. I will ask for the fourteen day hold to be extended given they omitted the form. They have said it will go towards the balance owing.